Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Destiny Mastercard

tag
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

Destiny Mastercard

I had never heard of this card maybe I can add it to my interesting cards no one has heard of before LOL but I got a "Prequalify with Destiny Today" mail ..The Destiny Mastercard is issued by First Electronic Bank, Member FDIC, and serviced by Genesis FS Card Services, Inc.    If anyone has any Deets or has tried/used this card what are your experiences ((I'm not apping just giving details/DPs/more Forums for our Pots LOL)) Smiley Very Happy

Says:

• Reporting to the three major credit bureaus, unlike a debit card
  • Card designs to fit your personality at no extra charge
  • An EMV chip included for added peace of mind

19 REPLIES 19
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Re: Destiny Mastercard

Sub-prime card with a $75 and $99 annual fee. Genesis financial is who finances people when they can't get financed through normal channels, the definition of Consumer Finance lender that issues CFAs.

Message 2 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think that card's your destiny!!

No, I think its a starter card. When reporting to all 3 bureaus is a feature, it most likely is a starter/rebuild card.

Message 3 of 20
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

@Brian_Earl_Spilner @Anonymous     Yes it does state for "FAIR/POOR" customers/consumers but I did find it neat to have the MC logo since I thought that a lot of the starter cards were Visa or didn't have a logo ((I could easily be mistaken on that point))

Message 4 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think they back the Indigo card too if that tells you anything. I had Indigo at first and it's definitely a starter card. Did its job and was sent packing.

Message 5 of 20
CreditCrusader
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I think they back the Indogo card too if that tells you anything. I had Indigo at first and it's definitely a starter card. Did its job and was sent packing.

...and Milestone, plus a host of others with the same high AFs and low limits.

On the plus side, they're not First Premier...  Smiley Very Happy

In my wallet: Apple $5,000, local CU $15,000, Bread AMEX $5,000. In my sock drawer: A few other cards Smiley Happy

Current scores (EQ, EX, TU): 787, 788, 796
Message 6 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got this is my popup of suggestions from experian along with about 8 others which after two more inquiries this week and using more credit during my move, shows me at 622 which dropped quite a bit, but is temporary. I have 4 unsecured cards all excellent standing along with student loan excellent. I also have dell not on yet but fingerhut reporting excellent and about 4 boosted accounts. I have a bk 7 discharged Jan this year.  I did the pre-qualification and submitted for the heck a d got approved for the $300 limit. It says it is issued by first electronic bank. I hope they at some point offer credit limit increases and waive the annual free so it can be a sock drawer card. We'll see. I'll report back on my experiences

Message 7 of 20
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous      Congratulations and Awesome DP's we look forward to it!   Smiley Very Happy

Message 8 of 20
shadanat
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I got this is my popup of suggestions from experian along with about 8 others which after two more inquiries this week and using more credit during my move, shows me at 622 which dropped quite a bit, but is temporary. I have 4 unsecured cards all excellent standing along with student loan excellent. I also have dell not on yet but fingerhut reporting excellent and about 4 boosted accounts. I have a bk 7 discharged Jan this year.  I did the pre-qualification and submitted for the heck a d got approved for the $300 limit. It says it is issued by first electronic bank. I hope they at some point offer credit limit increases and waive the annual free so it can be a sock drawer card. We'll see. I'll report back on my experiences

The maximum credit limit that they issue is $300 so no chance of an increase according to their website.

Message 9 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@shadanat wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

The maximum credit limit that they issue is $300 so no chance of an increase according to their website.

Yeah, I've had this card for 6 months, they say they will never increase your limit. $75 annual fee, every time you log in it says "enroll in overlimit coverage" I accepted it once, went over the limit by 10 bucks because the online portal showed I had "available credit", they charged 29, I didn't realize it had a fee with it so I turned it back off. They aren't very transparent with fees. Be sure to not accept the overlimit stuff because they will make your available credit show higher than 300 but charge you to use the extra.

Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.