Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Destiny Mastercard

tag
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

Re: Destiny Mastercard

@Anonymous      Dang that sounds awful depending on how bad they charge/keep charging you over.      I know a lot of places/Banks do offer Overdraft Services so you of course do get a fee (usually between 20/40 dollars) but some places have notes Hey if you go over it's a XYZ Fee...That AF is BIG too...Sighs 

Message 11 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Girlzilla88 wrote:

@Anonymous      Dang that sounds awful depending on how bad they charge/keep charging you over.      I know a lot of places/Banks do offer Overdraft Services so you of course do get a fee (usually between 20/40 dollars) but some places have notes Hey if you go over it's a XYZ Fee...That AF is BIG too...Sighs 

Right! I'm about a year post chapter 7, and I'm learning the pains of subprime cards, but hopefully I'll be able to ditch them soon!

Message 12 of 20
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous     Yes you definitely want to get one that isn't a "Throw away card" so your age of current revolvers grows with you too Smiley Very Happy

Message 13 of 20
coreyb80
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Girlzilla88 wrote:

Right! I'm about a year post chapter 7, and I'm learning the pains of subprime cards, but hopefully I'll be able to ditch them soon!

Definitely get rid of them before that annual fee rolls around again.  I have Indigo and only keeping hem another year because the annual came earlier than I anticipated.  I had Milestone and cancelled them back in January before the annual fee.  Amazing how a $300 card with no benefits has a $99 annual fee.

Message 14 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Girlzilla88 wrote:

@Anonymous     Yes you definitely want to get one that isn't a "Throw away card" so your age of current revolvers grows with you too Smiley Very Happy

Yes, I'm having trouble finding one, but I iib all the major ones. I am trying to get in with sdfcu for their graduating secured card. I have three open loop unsecured cards right now, this one, credit one, and reflex. None I would consider keepers. The credit one is pretty good, gets cashback and has a low AF but definitely would not keep the other two! 

Message 15 of 20
shadanat
Frequent Contributor

Have you tried Capital One? They can be forgiving a year post Chap 7. I was able to get the Quicksilver One after including them. 

Message 16 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@shadanat wrote:

Have you tried Capital One? They can be forgiving a year post Chap 7. I was able to get the Quicksilver One after including them. 

Yeah they said denied due to bankruptcy, very recently (the secured card). I IIB 4 of their cards a little over a year ago. 

Message 17 of 20
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Yeah, I've had this card for 6 months, they say they will never increase your limit. $75 annual fee, every time you log in it says "enroll in overlimit coverage" I accepted it once, went over the limit by 10 bucks because the online portal showed I had "available credit", they charged 29, I didn't realize it had a fee with it so I turned it back off. They aren't very transparent with fees. Be sure to not accept the overlimit stuff because they will make your available credit show higher than 300 but charge you to use the extra.

With the CARD Act, issuers are no longer allowed to charge an Over The Limit fee unless you opt in, and I had never seen a case where someone was offered this.  Guess this is one!

Message 18 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks. I have had a positive experience with them thus far. Good customer service and they have a website to keep track of your account. 

@Girlzilla88 wrote:

@Anonymous      Congratulations and Awesome DP's we look forward to it!   Smiley Very Happy

Message 19 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@shadanat wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I got this is my popup of suggestions from experian along with about 8 others which after two more inquiries this week and using more credit during my move, shows me at 622 which dropped quite a bit, but is temporary. I have 4 unsecured cards all excellent standing along with student loan excellent. I also have dell not on yet but fingerhut reporting excellent and about 4 boosted accounts. I have a bk 7 discharged Jan this year.  I did the pre-qualification and submitted for the heck a d got approved for the $300 limit. It says it is issued by first electronic bank. I hope they at some point offer credit limit increases and waive the annual free so it can be a sock drawer card. We'll see. I'll report back on my experiences

The maximum credit limit that they issue is $300 so no chance of an increase according to their website.

Yeah, I've had this card for 6 months, they say they will never increase your limit. $75 annual fee, every time you log in it says "enroll in overlimit coverage" I accepted it once, went over the limit by 10 bucks because the online portal showed I had "available credit", they charged 29, I didn't realize it had a fee with it so I turned it back off. They aren't very transparent with fees. Be sure to not accept the overlimit stuff because they will make your available credit show higher than 300 but charge you to use the extra.

I know I did see where they offer it and when younckick to accept it mentions the terms and fees so I declined. It's the same with most other cards like this, blaze, show etc all charge for that feature so I figured. 

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.