Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Devastated over Capital One :-(

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Devastated over Capital One :-(

Thank you all! So far, my BuyPower is still alive but I'm afraid to use it. 😁 I have a question regarding secured cards from Discover and Bof A. Will I be able to add an authorized user to it?
Message 61 of 64
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm not sure I'd recommend using the San Diego Navy League affiliation to join NFCU unless you have a San Diego mailing address without being fully aware of the risk you are taking,  Once these strategies start getting posted publicly and widely used (and potential members start calling those institutions asking questions about joining NFCU through the San Diego Navy League), the institutions become aware of the loopholes and may choose to review accounts opened with that affiliation.  As devastated as you are over the closure of your Capital One account, I would want you to be fully aware of the possibility that your NFCU business account might also be at risk if Navy Fed decides that people are using membership in the San Diego Navy League in order to become members when they are not eligible through other affiliations and starts reviewing those accounts.  Only you can weigh the risks and decide if you are willing to take those risks with a business account.  I would suggest at least looking into other credit union possibilities such as DCU and PenFed.

If the CSR at Capital One misled you into thinking that having your payment returned would not negatively impact your account, then you may have success in going up the chain of command and presenting your case.  I've never spoken to a Capital One CSR over the phone, but it is usually standard practice to record such interactions.  Since you know when you called, it is just a matter of them looking up the information and confirming the misinformation provided to you by the CSR,  There is no guarantee that they will decide in your favor, but I think that is probably your best shot.

Good luck to you.

Good intentions in this first post, but completely wrong. The method provided has been vetted with NFCU and there are no requirements to live in San Diego. They will not drop you for following a path they state is acceptable. They my close that path down at some point though

Message 62 of 64
Anonymous
Not applicable

OP any word yet on NFCU?  I read the entire thread hoping for some news.  

Crossing my fingers. 

Please Please Please write the EO of Capital One.  Send letter via snail mail, email, FedEx etc. 

I app'd for Citi AAdvantage for the 30k miles for 1500 spend.  But when it asked for an invite # I grabbed the wrong invite and put in that invite... which was 50k miles for 3k spend in 3 months.  No way was I going to get that with my spending on my other cards.  I emailed customer service, I did chat feature ... each time got a slightly different story.  In the end it was no, no.  But..... 

I wrote an EO email... and I heard nothing.  I was so mad at myself.  So a few days before the 3 months were up .. I resent the email again.... I ended up with a call from someone in the EO office and she left a vm.  I called her back the next day. Whew I got the 30k miles. 

Lesson Learned ... don't give up. Fight for your credit... be relentless, be tenacious!  Keep trying to get it overturned.  Try for the next 3 months... and dont give up.  Better that you lose fighting ... then to lose with regret.  

Please Please Please try!  

Also, wishing you the best with NFCU!  I hear they are fantastic.  Keep us posted. 

Chin up Buck-a-roo or Buck-a-rette! 

Message 63 of 64
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

OP any word yet on NFCU?  I read the entire thread hoping for some news.  

Crossing my fingers. 

Please Please Please write the EO of Capital One.  Send letter via snail mail, email, FedEx etc. 

I app'd for Citi AAdvantage for the 30k miles for 1500 spend.  But when it asked for an invite # I grabbed the wrong invite and put in that invite... which was 50k miles for 3k spend in 3 months.  No way was I going to get that with my spending on my other cards.  I emailed customer service, I did chat feature ... each time got a slightly different story.  In the end it was no, no.  But..... 

I wrote an EO email... and I heard nothing.  I was so mad at myself.  So a few days before the 3 months were up .. I resent the email again.... I ended up with a call from someone in the EO office and she left a vm.  I called her back the next day. Whew I got the 30k miles. 

Lesson Learned ... don't give up. Fight for your credit... be relentless, be tenacious!  Keep trying to get it overturned.  Try for the next 3 months... and dont give up.  Better that you lose fighting ... then to lose with regret.  

Please Please Please try!  

Also, wishing you the best with NFCU!  I hear they are fantastic.  Keep us posted. 

Chin up Buck-a-roo or Buck-a-rette! 

+100 Well said!

Message 64 of 64
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.