Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dicks Sporting Goods/GECRB

tag
kayvee_
Regular Contributor

Dicks Sporting Goods/GECRB

So as some of you know I decided to keep my DSG card. Today we finally went back to the store and picked up some fishing and Niner gear. At check out, I casually asked the clerk, "Do you recall what the spending threshold is for the 0%?" and he said, "I dont think we have 0% financing."

....I was like WHAAAT.??!?!?!

Is this something I can ask Customer Service about? I have to look for the T&Cs. I remember the signs were everywhere in the store when we got the card, but I didnt see them today. I don't want to get hit with interest!!  I thought it was like other GE cards where you spend X amount you get 0%.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Dicks Sporting Goods/GECRB

Message 2 of 5
Eightiron
Contributor

I just spent about 20 minutes looking online in various locations on DSG's website, couldnt seem to find any information to help you.  I would certainly try to find and call the CS number.  I'm sure the number on the back of the card should be able to answer your question. I hope it works out for you.

Gardening now for that spring harvest Entered 9/4/13 leaving 4/14
Message 3 of 5
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

From what I can tell 0% seems to be a promotion.  Even 0% on Walmart is a promotion needing a coupon good till the end of the year. Length of 0% depending on amount purchased. Keep us updated.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 4 of 5
kayvee_
Regular Contributor

I called GE customer service on the back of my card and the guy said I have to spend about $300-400 to get the 6 months promo. So if its like Lowes and Walmart I want to guess it may be over$299? He said some items may be excluded and I would have to call Dicks customer service to find out the exclusions. 

He did say anything over $1,000 gets 12 months 0% financing. 

I think Im gonna just keep an eye out on my account to see if the promo rate posts. If it doesn't, then I will PIF for my recent purchase.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.