cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Did American Express officially pull the plug on the Zync card??

tag
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

Re: Did American Express officially pull the plug on the Zync card??

I know the packs are gone. (I only signed up for the free ones) 

but are the points gone too? 

Since I only got the card in my hands in sep. I have about 500 something points pending. 

Will those never be redeemable? 

If so this is just like my debit card? (since there is no benefits) 

besides having the pillow of 30 days to pay? 

Except my debit card pays me 10cents per swipe. 

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 21 of 23
RyVision
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I just got the email below this morning from American Express:

I assure you that you may use your Zync Card as long as you wish to use it.
However, we are no longer accepting new enrollments into Zync Packs.
We welcome you to our American Express family and wish to serve you for many more years to come.

Sincerely,
Email Servicing Team American Express Interactive Services

That's pretty much exactly what I was told on the phone last week when I called about something else and asked about the Zync while on the call. 

As for points,  I decided to use mine just in case. I had 11,000 from Zync (including sign up bonus) and just over 12,000 from BLUE.  Decided to just use them to pay for things on statement  "you use everyday" etc.  Came to find out, 22,000ish points is only worth around 130ish bucks that way LOL.  

Oh well, at least 11,000 of them didn't go to waste (unless that's why they weren't worth as much as I thought).   For some reason, I had it in my head they were worth maybe a penny a point.  So 22,000 points would have been 200$. I  thought the sign up bonus was actually 100$ for each card when I got them (in points that is).

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 22 of 23
dcuaron

Well at least for me.  Not being logged in and clicking cards, then "View all Personal Charge & Credit cards" and then clicking on "Explored your card benifits" in the upper right and then selecting the Zync card from the drop down it brings up information for "The American Express Card"  which from other country's  americanexpress homepages looks like a regular green card or a green card without the ability to earn membership rewards points.  Sorry for the convoluted description of how to find the info on zync but when I clear cookies... the american express' home page looks totally different and I'm not able to find the above information at all.

Message 23 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.