Did you mean: 

Did I Get Denied OR Approved???

tag
Ron1
Super Contributor

Re: Did I Get Denied OR Approved???

@winner88 wrote:

I am just curious .. why Cap 1 with 1.5% instead of Barclay pricline with 2%

I already got Barclays Rewards WMC last six months and I don't think I will get approved.

Ron.

Message 41 of 82
CribDuchess
Established Contributor

@Ron1 wrote:

@CribDuchess wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

@CribDuchess wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

The different one is not 1.5% cash back and it is different tier.  The one I have is not qualified for any CLI or upgrade to another type of card.

Ron.

The different one is this new one you applied for or the card you currently have?

The one I applied for was Cap1 Cash Card. The one I have is Cap1 No Hassle Rewards Cash.  They told me I cannot PC to any card because it is type of the card I have. It's for subprime.

link:

http://www.capitalone.com/credit-cards/cash-rewards/?Log=1&EventType=Link&ComponentType=T&LOB=MTS%3A...

Ron.

That's the card I pc'd to - the Jimmy Fallon card (that's what I call it).  My card started out in 2004 as a subprime card - $300 limit with $39 annual fee and no rewards whatsoever.  I don't know if my newly pc'd card is the version considered to be for excellent credit as opposed to average credit.  But I don't have an annual fee, I'm earning 1.5% cash back and my APR is 12.15%.  I also have an offer now to do a BT for 0% for 12-months.  Before I pc'd, I could only do a BT at my current APR.

I think I got very lucky to be able to pc.  It is what they always say on here - YMMV.  But obviously you'll be $100 richer from that spend bonus!  Smiley Happy

My card started out as Cap1 Gold card and it had $1000 CL. with $29 annual fee and it has also no rewards They sent me an offer to upgrade into Platinum card w/o any rewards. Later, they sent me another notice to offer me No Hassle Rewards Card.  I think I called the retention dept to raise the limit to $4200 and no AF.

Congrats for your upgrade. I think it is very good to have. Did you ask for CLI?

Ron.

Thank you!  At least they were sending you offers to upgrade at various points in time.  They gave me one auto-CLI a few years ago - raised me to $1,300 from the initial $300.  This past October, I called the Exec Office and requested the CLI to $8,000.  They granted that.  Then about a week ago, I was logged into my online account and I used the "Chat Now" function to ask about pc'ing to the Jimmy Fallon card.  The first rep I got had to hand me off to another rep.  That second rep made it happen for me.  I had read on the forums here that someone else used the Chat Now feature to pc their card and get a CLI all at the same time.

Now that the Cash+ is going to lose the extra 50% bonus in August for having the Plat checking pkg, I think this Cap One Cash card is going to start seeing more action!!

FICOs: TU08 842 EQ08 850 EX08 850

My Wallet: Amex Gold NPSL; Amex Optima Platinum $25K; Amex BCE $12K; Apple Card $20K; BofA Travel Rewards Visa Sig $67.6K; Cap1 Quicksilver Visa Sig $10K; CSP $28.2K; Chase Freedom $13K; Chase Freedom Unlimited $21.4K; Citi Costco Visa $19.3K; Citi Double Cash $13.5K; Citi Simplicity Visa $23.3K; Discover IT $50K; Fidelity Visa $25K; NFCU Flagship Visa Sig $40K; NFCU More Rewards Amex $30K; PenFed Plat Rewards Visa Sig $50K; Sears MC $10.1K; US Bank Altitude Go Visa Sig $20K; US Bank Cash+ Visa Sig $26K; Wells Fargo Rewards Visa Sig $14K
Message 42 of 82
jna
New Contributor

Just wondering how many credit cards do you have now Ro?.I'm sure you have great cards already.But why still need Capital one?My lowest limit is from them..They've Never incresed my credit limit since i opened my account with them a year ago...still 750.

Message 43 of 82
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@Ron1 wrote:

@CribDuchess wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:
Ron you should be approved.

For those of you who asked, the differences between the "average" and "excellent" cards are...

Average :
Mastercard
Minimum limit of (i think) $300
No signup bonus

Excellent:
Visa (signature if 5k+)
Minimum limit of $3000 for approval
$100 if you spend $500 in (i think) 3 months

I got approved for the average card with a cl of 3k with no history and no job, so with your scores you should be fine ron.

Another differece is the version for average credit has a $39 annual fee, whereas the one for excellent credit does not have an annual fee.  APRs and promotional BT offer is also better on the excellent credit version.

Ron, I hope you post back and let us know the outcome!  Good luck!!

Thanks!! Smiley HappyI will and I'm still waiting.

Ron.

Keeping fingers crossed for you. Smiley Happy

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 44 of 82
Ron1
Super Contributor

@CribDuchess wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

@CribDuchess wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

@CribDuchess wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

The different one is not 1.5% cash back and it is different tier.  The one I have is not qualified for any CLI or upgrade to another type of card.

Ron.

The different one is this new one you applied for or the card you currently have?

The one I applied for was Cap1 Cash Card. The one I have is Cap1 No Hassle Rewards Cash.  They told me I cannot PC to any card because it is type of the card I have. It's for subprime.

link:

http://www.capitalone.com/credit-cards/cash-rewards/?Log=1&EventType=Link&ComponentType=T&LOB=MTS%3A...

Ron.

That's the card I pc'd to - the Jimmy Fallon card (that's what I call it).  My card started out in 2004 as a subprime card - $300 limit with $39 annual fee and no rewards whatsoever.  I don't know if my newly pc'd card is the version considered to be for excellent credit as opposed to average credit.  But I don't have an annual fee, I'm earning 1.5% cash back and my APR is 12.15%.  I also have an offer now to do a BT for 0% for 12-months.  Before I pc'd, I could only do a BT at my current APR.

I think I got very lucky to be able to pc.  It is what they always say on here - YMMV.  But obviously you'll be $100 richer from that spend bonus!  Smiley Happy

My card started out as Cap1 Gold card and it had $1000 CL. with $29 annual fee and it has also no rewards They sent me an offer to upgrade into Platinum card w/o any rewards. Later, they sent me another notice to offer me No Hassle Rewards Card.  I think I called the retention dept to raise the limit to $4200 and no AF.

Congrats for your upgrade. I think it is very good to have. Did you ask for CLI?

Ron.

Thank you!  At least they were sending you offers to upgrade at various points in time.  They gave me one auto-CLI a few years ago - raised me to $1,300 from the initial $300.  This past October, I called the Exec Office and requested the CLI to $8,000.  They granted that.  Then about a week ago, I was logged into my online account and I used the "Chat Now" function to ask about pc'ing to the Jimmy Fallon card.  The first rep I got had to hand me off to another rep.  That second rep made it happen for me.  I had read on the forums here that someone else used the Chat Now feature to pc their card and get a CLI all at the same time.

Now that the Cash+ is going to lose the extra 50% bonus in August for having the Plat checking pkg, I think this Cap One Cash card is going to start seeing more action!!

Cap1 has been nice to you. I haven't gotten CLI for almost ten years.  I decided to apply for high tier card (excellent credit)  to see if I will get approved or not. I haven't emailed to executive office and I think I should. Many people got a huge CLI and PC.

Yes, Cash+ is going to lose a lot cash back bonus by next quarter and they're going to take away extra bonus by having the checking. I hate to see it goes away.  It's still a good card to have.  At least, they let you to choose the cateogories and you don't have to wait for rotating categories like Chase Freedom.

Ron.

Message 45 of 82
Ron1
Super Contributor

@jna wrote:

Just wondering how many credit cards do you have now Ro?.I'm sure you have great cards already.But why still need Capital one?My lowest limit is from them..They've Never incresed my credit limit since i opened my account with them a year ago...still 750.

I have over 100 opened.  I just wanted to have prime card from them instead of subprime card. Yes, I have one from them and it is Best Buy Reward Zone Mastercard Platinum.

Ron.

Message 46 of 82
Ron1
Super Contributor

@tinuviel wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

@CribDuchess wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:
Ron you should be approved.

For those of you who asked, the differences between the "average" and "excellent" cards are...

Average :
Mastercard
Minimum limit of (i think) $300
No signup bonus

Excellent:
Visa (signature if 5k+)
Minimum limit of $3000 for approval
$100 if you spend $500 in (i think) 3 months

I got approved for the average card with a cl of 3k with no history and no job, so with your scores you should be fine ron.

Another differece is the version for average credit has a $39 annual fee, whereas the one for excellent credit does not have an annual fee.  APRs and promotional BT offer is also better on the excellent credit version.

Ron, I hope you post back and let us know the outcome!  Good luck!!

Thanks!! Smiley HappyI will and I'm still waiting.

Ron.

Keeping fingers crossed for you. Smiley Happy

Thank you !!!!! Smiley Happy

Ron.

Message 47 of 82
SnackTrader
Valued Contributor

@Ron1 wrote:

@jna wrote:

I have over 100 opened.  I just wanted to have prime card from them instead of subprime card. Yes, I have one from them and it is Best Buy Reward Zone Mastercard Platinum.

Ron.

Is this for real!?!  That's amazing.

When you say "opened", does that mean active and able to be used at any time? Or opened at some point, and closed for inactivity or by you or by the lender?

In My Wallet: Amex BCP (12/12) $50,000, Chase Freedom (12/12) $16,500, Cap1 Quicksilver (6/12) $14,000, Barclaycard Rewards (5/13) $10,500, Citi Prestige (4/16) $30,000

Last App: June 27, 2015
Message 48 of 82
cableguy123
Regular Contributor

@SnackTrader wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

@jna wrote:

Ron.

When you say "opened", does that mean active and able to be used at any time? Or opened at some point, and closed for inactivity or by you or by the lender?

I am pretty sure he means opened and he can use at anytime.. I have seen alot of his posts from this site and another site from the last few years he is the man gets high cl's and nice cards seems like instant approval all the time thats why i am kind of shocked cap one did not give him a instant approval!

Message 49 of 82
Ron1
Super Contributor

@SnackTrader wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

@jna wrote:

Ron.

According to Experian, I have 102 accounts opened. It is available to use including store cards and gas cards.

Ron.

Message 50 of 82
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.