cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Did I just shoot myself in the foot with AmEx? - UPDATED

tag
CHARGE_IT
Regular Contributor

Re: Did I just shoot myself in the foot with AmEx?

You're not lucky, you are just handling your credit well. Keep doing what you are doing for the refi and then go back to good use of your credit as you have been doing. There is nothing mysterious about your success.

Best wishes,

CI

@Phoenix-rising wrote:

GOOD NEWS!!!!!

I finally sent in the form 4506-T in mid-April.  Last week they actually gave me the requested CLI.  I've carried a balance on that card ever since October because of the 0% BT offer with the Blue Cash account.  I was so afraid they would CLD me, but I guess I'm lucky they didn't.

Also, our refi is under way and with any luck we'll close next week.

Message Edited by CHARGE_IT on 05-22-2009 08:31 AM
Message 21 of 28
score_building
Senior Contributor

wow, that is good news!  bang up job-  i too would consider myself among the lucky since a liberal dose of high scoring customers who handle their credit v. well still receive AA due to market conditions, etc.  it has appeared that somtimes these actions are prompted by cli requests and the like, particularly with AMEX.  Super congrats to you!

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 22 of 28
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

Re: Did I just shoot myself in the foot with AmEx? - UPDATED

Congrats Phoenix! You're officially an exception to the rule now!
Here we go again...
Message 23 of 28
athensguy
Valued Contributor

@Phoenix-rising wrote:

GOOD NEWS!!!!!

I finally sent in the form 4506-T in mid-April.  Last week they actually gave me the requested CLI.  I've carried a balance on that card ever since October because of the 0% BT offer with the Blue Cash account.  I was so afraid they would CLD me, but I guess I'm lucky they didn't.

Also, our refi is under way and with any luck we'll close next week.

Congrats on the CLI. Also, where are your scores coming from?
Message 24 of 28
Phoenix-rising
Frequent Contributor

athensguy wrote:

I get my scores from myFICO, but the latest scores were pulled by the mortgage broker when we app'd for the refi.  That's how we got the EX score. 

DH's FICOS: July '08 TU-661 / EQ-593 / EX-656 --> April '09 TU-730 / EQ-705 / EX-685

MY FICOS: July '08 TU-735 / EQ-727 / EX-767 --> April '09 TU-789 / EQ-774 / EX-767
Message 25 of 28
athensguy
Valued Contributor

@Phoenix-rising wrote:

@athensguy wrote:

I get my scores from myFICO, but the latest scores were pulled by the mortgage broker when we app'd for the refi.  That's how we got the EX score. 

Ah, then you probably got a recent version of TU, too. Did you pull a TU from here around the same time to see how they compare?
Message Edited by athensguy on 05-22-2009 11:54 AM
Message 26 of 28
Phoenix-rising
Frequent Contributor

Re: Did I just shoot myself in the foot with AmEx? - UPDATED

@FretlessMayhem wrote:
Congrats Phoenix! You're officially an exception to the rule now!

Thanks!  I can't tell you what a relief it feels like to be an exception.
DH's FICOS: July '08 TU-661 / EQ-593 / EX-656 --> April '09 TU-730 / EQ-705 / EX-685

MY FICOS: July '08 TU-735 / EQ-727 / EX-767 --> April '09 TU-789 / EQ-774 / EX-767
Message 27 of 28
Phoenix-rising
Frequent Contributor

athensguy wrote:

Ah, then you probably got a recent version of TU, too. Did you pull a TU from here around the same time to see how they compare?

Message Edited by athensguy on 05-22-2009 11:54 AM

I know for certain DH's TU and EQ scores were identical.  I don't remember if I pulled my TU here recently or not, but my EQ scores were the same. 

Message 28 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.