cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Did I mess up with Cap 1 on which cards I combined?

tag
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Did I mess up with Cap 1 on which cards I combined?

@Anonymous wrote:

I just recently combined my QS to my Venture One because I figured they like the second credit card better since I've had such good luck with CLI.  But did I mess up?

It really depends on what your needs are.   If future CLIs are the most important goal, then you probably made the best decision.   However, if the QS was significantly older and you were considering AAoA down the line, then it might have made more sense to combine into that card.

As far as which has a better rewards program, I think QS is the winner, since that has 1.5% cash back on all purchases and can redeem on all purchase, whereas the VentureOne is 1.25% and can only be redeemed on whatever Cap One considers as "travel".

You can request to change your VentureOne to a QS, if you do decide that the rewards structure makes the most sense for you.   Just go on chat and ask.   

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 11 of 19
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

@SunriseEarth wrote:

You can request to change your VentureOne to a QS, if you do decide that the rewards structure makes the most sense for you.   Just go on chat and ask.   

If that product change offer isn't currently available to you, ask every month. It's likely to pop up sooner or later.

Message 12 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ mr_suave is this a recent change or just something I totally missed the boat on?  

I have a Savor and am waiting on a Venture card to arrive in mail.  Now that I have both cash back and miles you're saying there will be some account function in the portal to transfer the cash back to my Venture card?  

If that's exactly how it works then yes I agree on the potential of a Venture/Savor combo.  

Can't wait to find out more details on this potential transfer program.  

my mind is working out the bonus category earnings and mile transfer potential.....

4% on dining and entertainment would equal 4 miles per dollar which would then translate to 2 miles per dollar at most airline partners.  

Message 13 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Remedios wrote:
No, you did not mess up. As long as the second card is the open one, you did good.

Why is having the second card the open one the better option? Just in this case with what the 2 cards are, or?

Message 14 of 19
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Remedios wrote:
No, you did not mess up. As long as the second card is the open one, you did good.

Why is having the second card the open one the better option? Just in this case with what the 2 cards are, or?

First card was "bucketed" and as such, has almost no growth potential. 

Often Cap1 starter cards are stuck in time...your profile may change/improve but card does not.

That's why majority of builders/ rebuilders  have a better luck with subsequent Cap1 cards. 

Message 15 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

NONONONO You made the right decision Smiley Happy
Better to keep up with on instead of two and pretty obvious that they really love the second card you have.

Merry Christmas!

Message 16 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you!  Happy New Year!!!

Message 17 of 19
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Depends on what you want. If you're after the rewards and don't really travel, the QS was the better card. If you wanted a longer AAoA, the QS was the better card. If you want a card that will grow, the V1 was the better card. But like what was said above, if your not getting a good return on the V1, you can product change it later to the QS.

Message 18 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I travel enough for it to be ok for the travel rewards, but I was more interested in the generous CLI's they've given me on this card.  They never seemed to like the other card.  So I want a card that has and will continue to grow.

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.