Anonymous
Not applicable

Did I miss something?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anomalous
Senior Contributor

Re: Did I miss something?

Yes. However, it wasn't available to app online for. I tried to get it back in 2011 by mailing in an application. Some went in a branch to get it.

Keep both your credit and your body in top shape!

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wonder if it ever graduates. If so, this may be an opportunity for people having difficulty getting in with Citi.

Message 3 of 8
tobey
Contributor

It does graduate. This was one of my first cards. I got mine in 2010 and it seems like it became unsecured a couple years later. I converted it to a Forward card a few months after that.

Back then, they were putting your deposit into a CD which had a pretty decent interest rate, so I put the max $5,000 in and ended up making a couple hundred! Not sure if they're still doing the CD thing. If they are, I'm sure the interest rate sucks. 

Starting Score: 737
Current Score: 777
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

They have had it for a while...

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I wonder if it ever graduates. If so, this may be an opportunity for people having difficulty getting in with Citi.

I agree.

Message 6 of 8
Pway
Valued Contributor

@tobey wrote:

It does graduate. This was one of my first cards. I got mine in 2010 and it seems like it became unsecured a couple years later. I converted it to a Forward card a few months after that.

Back then, they were putting your deposit into a CD which had a pretty decent interest rate, so I put the max $5,000 in and ended up making a couple hundred! Not sure if they're still doing the CD thing. If they are, I'm sure the interest rate sucks. 

The money one puts towards the security deposit does not collect any interest.  The interest rate is 21.99%.  One must not have any bankruptcy history for two years.  Which I should of known cause Citi does not like bk.

Thank you for the wealth of knowledge I have learned from these forums. I am logging off as of November 9, 2022. I wish everyone great success.
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks everyone for responding to my post. I'm glad the application is now available online.Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.