Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Did Not Know CapOne Did FR's for CLI's

tag
WhiteCollar
Established Contributor

Did Not Know CapOne Did FR's for CLI's

Last week I requested a CLI with a CSR I was connected to by calling the number on the back of my Best Buy Card. I was told it would be a SP and the decision is automated. I agreed and the CSR informed me that the requested needed to be reviewed manually. The next day, I recieve a credit alert from my monitoring service that CapOne did a HP and NOT a SP as stated. Smiley Frustrated

I've checked my account several times and the limit is still the same. Over the weekend I recieved a letter requesting most recent W2's, Paystubs etc. This sounds like something AMEX does (or so I've heard). Has anyone else experienced this?

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
john398
Senior Contributor

Re: Did Not Know CapOne Did FR's for CLI's

Wow that does sound a little harsh, what is your total UTIL? maybe they saw something they did not like

Message 2 of 15
hutchj
Frequent Contributor

I think any CC company can request a FR.

I haven't experienced it personally, but I'm sure it's common.

AMEX BCE: 5k; Barclay Apple: 2.5k; BoA CB: 3k; BoA BBR 4.2k; BoA Travel: 8k; Chase Sapphire: 5k; Chase Freedom: 6k; Citi Diamond: 3k; Discover IT: 9k

June 2013 FICOs: TU: 763; EX: 754; EQ: 764 (was 747 9/2012). Last app 2/20/2014 Garden until 3/2015
Message 3 of 15
myjourney
Super Contributor

Are you carrying high balances on 1 or more cards?

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 4 of 15
enharu
Super Contributor

Any company can request income verification. Some people have experienced the same thing with cap1. They seem to be more negotiable though. Paystubs and bank statements seem to work for them as well, so you may not necessarily have to submit tax docs
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 5 of 15
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

@enharu wrote:
Any company can request income verification.

+1.  I'm actually surprised that more companies don't do this, especially if they give out higher credit limits.....

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 6 of 15
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Agreed. CUs are notorious for asking for pay stubs - the major banks not so much.
Message 7 of 15
WhiteCollar
Established Contributor

I'm aware that any cc companie can reuqest that type of info I was just suprised CapOne requested it that's all. I once had high utl but not anymore.

Message 8 of 15
GatorGuy
Valued Contributor

What did they increase your CL to?

Message 9 of 15
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

I'm not surprised. My DD is a grad student/intern and they asked for her tax returns.
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.