Did you mean: 

Did Not Know CapOne Did FR's for CLI's

tag
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Did Not Know CapOne Did FR's for CLI's

@pizzadude wrote:

@enharu wrote:
Any company can request income verification.

+1.  I'm actually surprised that more companies don't do this, especially if they give out higher credit limits.....

+2

If the income supports additonal extension of credit, the bank reserves the right to obtain some supporting information.  A variety of the major banks have done this as part of their revew process (Wells Fargo, BofA, Chase, Commerce Bank, Santander, etc).  I could only imagine the panic most people on these boards would have the minute GECRB starts requesting this type of proof.

Message 11 of 15
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 12 of 15
GatorGuy
Valued Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@pizzadude wrote:

@enharu wrote:
Any company can request income verification.

+1.  I'm actually surprised that more companies don't do this, especially if they give out higher credit limits.....

+2

If the income supports additonal extension of credit, the bank reserves the right to obtain some supporting information.  A variety of the major banks have done this as part of their revew process (Wells Fargo, BofA, Chase, Commerce Bank, Santander, etc).  I could only imagine the panic most people on these boards would have the minute GECRB starts requesting this type of proof.

Are you implying that some people are less than truthful on their application? Smiley Surprised

Message 13 of 15
toppers555
Established Contributor

I had the happen and it as because I requested a cli before my annual review which was coming up.  for my BBRMC.

TU 715 No apps to 05/13 cash+ 5/13!!! 738 TU CSP April 13!!!CSP approved May 13!!!

Message 14 of 15
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Back in 2006 I think, my mom got a W-2 Req from Capital One JUST TO APPROVE A $300 NEW PLAT VISA
Her income was $60k+ then lmao.
I sent the document in for her. Haha
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.