Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Did any one had any luck GW with these companies

tag
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Did any one had any luck GW with these companies

I am trying to get some of my lates out. Did any one had any luck with these companies with GW's?

CapOne
HSBC
Mazda Credit
Jaguar Credit
Nelnet
wamu

Thanks....

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Did any one had any luck GW with these companies

I will be sending Madza a GW letter in January 08 asking for the removal of 4-30 days late.  The daughter that pays this bill for the Car is the co-signer and I am very very upset with her payments being late.  I will never sign for another car loan.  I had the daughter request a change of due date to a date when she could make the payment on time - well she request the end of the month and they granted the request, however, this request was made and granted the month of FEBRUARY!  What the &^%$, this is the shortest month of the year!  Anyway, I am going to GW them until they give me what I want and that is the 4-30 days late removed.
Message 2 of 12
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:
I will be sending Madza a GW letter in January 08 asking for the removal of 4-30 days late. The daughter that pays this bill for the Car is the co-signer and I am very very upset with her payments being late. I will never sign for another car loan. I had the daughter request a change of due date to a date when she could make the payment on time - well she request the end of the month and they granted the request, however, this request was made and granted the month of FEBRUARY! What the &^%$, this is the shortest month of the year! Anyway, I am going to GW them until they give me what I want and that is the 4-30 days late removed.

Sorry to hear this, sweetclh, that's one of those painful lessons that you learn when you try to help people out. Good luck on the GW!
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 3 of 12
orl2185
Established Contributor

Cap1 by far easiest creditor to work with. I already got 3 baddies removed thru GW with them.
Message 4 of 12
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Thanks orl. I have two baddies from cap1 hope they will show the same grace to me. How did you approach them and what method did you use to get them remove the baddies? I have some lates with them that I am hoping to get them removed.
Message 5 of 12
orl2185
Established Contributor

Odd that I was able to get it done just by calling them about my TLs. I sent them followup letter few weeks later. They never responded to my first request, but when they got my mail... they were removed 2 weeks later from both TU, and EQ. The following month the baddies were gone from EX.

Hear so many complaints about cap 1, not here though. I've got nothing but good things to say about them. GL OP
Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I will be sending Madza a GW letter in January 08 asking for the removal of 4-30 days late.  The daughter that pays this bill for the Car is the co-signer and I am very very upset with her payments being late.  I will never sign for another car loan.  I had the daughter request a change of due date to a date when she could make the payment on time - well she request the end of the month and they granted the request, however, this request was made and granted the month of FEBRUARY!  What the &^%$, this is the shortest month of the year!  Anyway, I am going to GW them until they give me what I want and that is the 4-30 days late removed.

Boy, don't I know what that feels like. I was primary on the sisters car loan, until she paid it off (thank you for that), and I am still trying to get lates from 06 removed. You live and you learn! Never again!!
Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

never have tried any of those but I must say give them all a try for the heck of it you never know....
Message 8 of 12
positronicshell
New Contributor

hi concord,

i had success GW with nelnet.
they had 5 student loan accounts for me that were transferred from USAF Sallie Mae when they went into default.
they were very tough.
i basically sent almost a dozen faxes and letters to both companies.
finally USAF Sallie Mae gave in and granted me a letter stating they were removing the 5 accounts from my reports.
they were original creditor so i sent copy of that letter to nelnet and they finally removed the 5 accounts.
they were due to fall off in 2008, but it was nice to have them gone a year early.

just write letters, it is worth the price of stamps if they finally show you some GW.

xoxox jane
hey, careful man! there's a beverage here!
My FICO: TU - 725 EX - 736 EQ - 747
Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
I will be sending Madza a GW letter in January 08 asking for the removal of 4-30 days late. The daughter that pays this bill for the Car is the co-signer and I am very very upset with her payments being late. I will never sign for another car loan. I had the daughter request a change of due date to a date when she could make the payment on time - well she request the end of the month and they granted the request, however, this request was made and granted the month of FEBRUARY! What the &^%$, this is the shortest month of the year! Anyway, I am going to GW them until they give me what I want and that is the 4-30 days late removed.

Sorry to hear this, sweetclh, that's one of those painful lessons that you learn when you try to help people out. Good luck on the GW!

I have to say this, as I just watch Suze O last night and one of her top ten new years resolutions was to NOT COSIGN FOR ANYTHING even FAMILY.

I just wanted to disclose that I did the same thing to my dad, he got a car and co signed for me when I was 18- I didn't realize how good I had it, I only had to pay 70 and no ins. - this was way back in 89 and the payment was only 140.

I decided against my parents wishes to move out cuz I was seeing this BF they didn't like (sigh- don't I wish I had listened to them, but I used to be very, very hardheaded and wouldn't really listen to anyone, I wasn't horrible but defiant and willful) and anyway, one thing led to another and I flunked out of school and couldn't pay bills, the only job I could get was as a hostess at Jerry's.

Bottom line, yes- I feel esp. teens and young adults, unless they are already good at budgeting just do not understand the concept of what it take to pay all bills and credit. I am going to have to think long and hard when I have children if I want to co sign for them, yes- you want them to have better, you want them to no go through what you did, but I believe in most cases that when you work for something yourself you take better care of it.

Just thought it might make you feel better. I didn't do it it intentionally or malisciously- I just didn't know the ramifications, and that I couldn't "just give the car back to my dad." (Yes, that is what my dumb BF at the time said).

Message Edited by netpanther on 12-30-2007 09:34 PM
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.