cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Did anyone see this? Ritz now marketed as Visa Infinite?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Did anyone see this? Ritz now marketed as Visa Infinite?

I wonder if this is under 5/24???  3 free nights and that is easily worth 1500 alone not including the other benefits.

Is the $300 per cal year or membership year?

Edit: it is per cal year. And anyone with this card at a 15k limit can get the visa infinite upgrade 

Message 11 of 184
Anonymous
Not applicable

Last time I checked, this card is not part of 5/24 rules.
Message 12 of 184
northface28
Established Contributor

Marketing 101: create a false sense of urgency, people are going to want Visa Infinites so bad, their hair will be on fire.

@Loquat wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@kdm31091 wrote:

That said, for most people, will probably just be another thing to chase after, similar to how we get excited about Visa Sig upgrades.

Yes, lots of threads on "How do I get my Feedom to Visa Infinite" (if Chase makes that an option.  Or, come to think of it, even if they don't!)

Hahaha....nailed it!  I'm sure we'll start to see many threads regarding this...

BK Discharged 9/11

Cap1 Quiksilver Visa Signature $41k| Discover IT $24k| Barclays Uber VISA $16.2k|BOA Cash Rewards $8.4k| BOA BBR $6k|AMEX Cash Magnet $12.8k|AMEX BCP $16.6k|Huntington Voice $5.5k|Citi Double Cash $5.7k| US Bank Cash+ $6.5k
Message 13 of 184
Anonymous
Not applicable

If an upgrade is an option, I will try it next month.

Also, They now offer Priority Pass Select instead of Lounge club.

Message 14 of 184
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've never seen an Infinite card in real life!
Message 15 of 184
Peteyglad
Established Contributor

I just got replacement cards in the mail earlier this week and they are both still visa sig's.

Chase Sapphire Preferred 20k | Amex Delta Platinum 20k | Amex Hilton Aspire 20k | US Bank Cash+ 25k | Chase Amazon Prime 25k | Barclaycard Aviator Red 40k | Bank of America Alaska Airlines 42k | Chase Marriott 50k | Discover It 50.3k | Amex EDP 52k | Citi Thank You Premier 56K | Bank of America BBR 57.9k
Message 16 of 184
js0319
Established Contributor

Higher AF, variable APR now instead of fixed 16.24%, higher spend needed for bonus. 

AMEX PRG - NPSL I AMEX Everyday Preferred - $34.8k I Capital One Venture - $20k I Chase Sapphire Preferred - $25.5k I Chase Southwest Rapid Rewards Premier - $20.7k I Barclay Arrival + - $10k I Capital One Quicksilver - $10k I NFCU Flagship Rewards Visa Signature - $15k I NASA FCU - $10k I Texell FCU Visa - $5k I Chase Freedom - $9.9k I Citi Double Cash - $7.8k I Discover IT - $5k I NFCU CLOC - $15k I Total Unsecured Credit - $188,700

EQ FICO - 714 (5/24/16) I TU FICO - 772 (5/24/16) I EX FICO - 770 (5/24/16)
Message 17 of 184
sandman2435
Established Contributor

@waynes1982 wrote:
I should have waited for this deal. Smiley Sad who wouldn't want this card now! I wonder if anyone can upgrade their accounts?

Yes I just read on Reddit that you can upgrade your Ritz Carlton Sig to the Infinite,But you have to have a min of $15K credit limit,You can maybe moved credit lines from other chase chase accounts to upgrade

Message 18 of 184
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

Is everyone skimming over the $5k minimum spend?
I'm thought about calling on my newly acquired card and asking 'WTH dudes!", but then I saw the spend.
I don't think I'm willing to try that even for a third night.
NFCU-ICCU-EECU-PSECU-DoverFCU-DCUFCU-Union Square FCU-Signature FCU-AODFCU-RedstoneFCU-USAllianceFCU-Amarillo National Bank-BHG MC-CapitalOne-CapitalOne Biz-Regions-Goldman Sachs (Apple/GM)-Evolve-Fifth Third-Gemini-Huntington-Imprint-USBank-Pinnacle-Cardless-John Deere-Discover-BofA-BofA Biz-Celtic Bank (M1)-Chase-Chase Biz-Amex-Amex Biz-Wells Fargo-Commerce-FNBO-Citi-Citi Biz-Synchrony-Synchrony Biz-Target TD-Third Coast Bank-USAA-Amegy-Amegy Biz-Dell-Citizens Biz-Comenity-Comenity Biz-Bread (Comenity)-DSNB-Webbank-Bill
Message 19 of 184
Anonymous
Not applicable

@woodyman100 wrote:
Is everyone skimming over the $5k minimum spend?
I'm thought about calling on my newly acquired card and asking 'WTH dudes!", but then I saw the spend.
I don't think I'm willing to try that even for a third night.

I am not saying 5K is trivial but there are many life events that are not small in cost per se.  Do you have a car that tires are due to be replaced?  Have a car that needs a brake job?  Tune up?  Do you have an appliance or more at home you have considered upgrading?  What about property taxes and personal property taxes?  Any future travel plans?

I promise I am not suggesting spending just to be spending but we all have events in life that costs money and adds up quickly.

Message 20 of 184
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.