Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference Between Discover More & Discover IT

tag
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

Re: Difference Between Discover More & Discover IT

Thanks to all for sharing. But I am still as confused as before. I did get Discover More two weeks ago and tried to find out what the difference is between the More and the IT. On Discover's website only IT comes up and you can compare the IT to several cards from competitors but not with their own cards.  As I pay my balance in full every month I did not look at APR but noticed the 0.25 for first 3K on the More and full 1% on the IT. For the moment I did not see anything that would be better on the More which shall keep me from pc to the IT. Due to the cash back system I will use Discover  More only for special offers and pay with CapOne and Amex for the rest. Hope one day that 3K limit will fall off the Discover More card and it gets on the level of the IT. Or maybe one day I find out if the More had something I did not yet see...I will keep it the way it is for the moment but use it not as everyday card but for specials only.

Happy New Year to all Smiley Happy

Message 31 of 35
bs6054
Valued Contributor

@lg8302ch wrote:

Thanks to all for sharing. But I am still as confused as before. I did get Discover More two weeks ago and tried to find out what the difference is between the More and the IT. On Discover's website only IT comes up and you can compare the IT to several cards from competitors but not with their own cards.  As I pay my balance in full every month I did not look at APR but noticed the 0.25 for first 3K on the More and full 1% on the IT. For the moment I did not see anything that would be better on the More which shall keep me from pc to the IT. Due to the cash back system I will use Discover  More only for special offers and pay with CapOne and Amex for the rest. Hope one day that 3K limit will fall off the Discover More card and it gets on the level of the IT. Or maybe one day I find out if the More had something I did not yet see...I will keep it the way it is for the moment but use it not as everyday card but for specials only.

Happy New Year to all Smiley Happy

But as a reminder, the difference between the IT and More on cashback is 0.75% on $3K a year which comes to $22.50 PER YEAR if you do reach $3K in non-bonus spending.   Yes, it's not nothing, but in actuality it's not a lot more than nothing!  In the time it takes you to think about it and get the PC done, you could probably clip coupons for a similar savings.

Message 32 of 35
pdog661
Frequent Contributor

All in All why not change?  It has all of the benefits of the more, and .75% more cash back.

What would be one reason for not changing?

Also, I believe the more is pretty much done, and not going to be offered moving forward. 

Message 33 of 35
SwampSystems
Frequent Contributor

@bs6054 wrote:

But as a reminder, the difference between the IT and More on cashback is 0.75% on $3K a year which comes to $22.50 PER YEAR if you do reach $3K in non-bonus spending.   Yes, it's not nothing, but in actuality it's not a lot more than nothing!  In the time it takes you to think about it and get the PC done, you could probably clip coupons for a similar savings.

The difference is more than $22.50 per year if you do any shopping at warehouse clubs, which are always limited to 0.25% cash back on Discover More (even after $3k in non-bonus spending). Sam's Club doesn't accept Visa, so my Discover More gets pretty heavy usage there; I will PC to Discover It soon to get the full 1% cash back.

Message 34 of 35
bs6054
Valued Contributor

OK, thanks, I wasn't aware of that.   So, for those that spend a lot at warehouse clubs, it is a good change (an extra $7.50 per $1000 spent there)

Message 35 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.