cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between these two Discover cards?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Difference between these two Discover cards?

Mine was 676 at the time. So excellent I think not. I dont really pay attention to the cards listed on this site. You would think as much as we talk about the various options out there that someone would update it to include a wider selection Smiley Surprised but idk how that works so mayve its not possible. Always the same cards, same ratings, not exactly accurate information either

Message 11 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I want a high CL on the card. Which one would give me the higher CL do you guys think?

Message 12 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm gonna take neither for $500 Alex lol But you might get lucky

Message 13 of 21
kdm31091
Super Contributor

They are definitely not known for giving out high initial CL's. If that is a priority you need a different card.

Message 14 of 21
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I want a high CL on the card. Which one would give me the higher CL do you guys think?

which ever one you go for the CL will be the same. My 2 cents

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 15 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@-Wade- wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

which ever one you go for the CL will be the same. My 2 cents

+1

Message 16 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did get a preapproval in my mail a few days back for this card. Which bureau do they pull? Given an average score of 750, with an AAoA of a couple years, what can be the expected intial CL? I appreciate all the information everyone has provided so far.

Message 17 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I did get a preapproval in my mail a few days back for this card. Which bureau do they pull? Given an average score of 750, with an AAoA of a couple years, what can be the expected intial CL? I appreciate all the information everyone has provided so far.

You might be ok! Smiley Very Happy Bureaus vary with Discover. They pulled EX and EQ for me. I'm going to guess between 3 - 5k. Random guess off the top of my head. But there have been higher starting lines. Unless you have any negatives on your reports or utilization is high your profile is in much better shape than mine when I applied.

Message 18 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does income matter when applying for Discover? I saw the Chase Freedom card asked to provide income on the app.

Message 19 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think income is a significant factor with any application but I dont know if Discover weighs it more heavily than other lenders

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.