Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different CC Co's or does it matter?

tag
Shellie
Valued Contributor

Different CC Co's or does it matter?

I have two CapOne's.  Both with $500 CL and 3 store cards thru comentiy(sp).  Does it matter that they are with same CC Co's  Would it be better to have one with a different Co?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Different CC Co's or does it matter?

The way banks and lenders are merging, I won't be surprised if we will be left with 1 big company. Smiley LOL

But, to answer your questions, as far as FICO - no. For you, you might want to diversify - I don't like having my cc's limited to one or two banks.
Message 2 of 5
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
The way banks and lenders are merging, I won't be surprised if we will be left with 1 big company. Smiley LOL

But, to answer your questions, as far as FICO - no. For you, you might want to diversify - I don't like having my cc's limited to one or two banks.

+1.  Diversification is always better,  if Cap One decided that you were "Bad" in some way, or if there were some problem with your account, that might close all your accounts. 

Message 3 of 5
myjourney
Super Contributor

IMHO its always good to have choices and as my mom use to say.."Don't put all your eggs in one basket"Smiley Wink

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 4 of 5
Shellie
Valued Contributor

I have been trying so hard to avoid HP's.  I really want to avoid getting another HP.  Idk if it's worth it right now. 

I have two Cap One's both $500 CL and 3 store cards with $150, 300 & 500 CL's

I don't NEED the cc's, I only got the ones I have to build my score up.

I just got a scheduled CLI on one card from $300 to $500 in June and opened the second card in May with $500 CL.  I have heard a lot about contacting the EO for a CLI increase before you're due one, but I'm not sure if I should attempt that?

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.