Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different Path to Becoming a VS Forever Angel

tag
ds3
Regular Contributor

Different Path to Becoming a VS Forever Angel

I have had a VS card for a few years now, started with a $300 limit, and I almost never use it. The reason I have kept it is the almost automatic CLIs I get every couple of months by hitting the button. The card is now has a $5400 CL. A few months ago, I logged in to hit the button, and my balance had jumped from 0 to over $4900, because of fraud. I called Comenity, they reversed all the charges and changed the account, so all was well. Someone at VS messed up, though, and I earned enough points to bump me to the Forever card, as well as $250 in gift credit. I called and told them I appreciated it, but didn't earn it. They thanked me for the call and told me to keep everything. My wife gladly spent the $250 on new bras(along with a few more dollars) and is happy.

Not a way I recommend to get the Forever card, but it is(was, before I shredded it) very pretty.

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Different Path to Becoming a VS Forever Angel

Wow, be glad that wasnt Chase, getting the rewards from a fraudster probably would have flagged you on some hidden blacklist for lifeSmiley Wink
Message 2 of 19
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@ds3 wrote:

My wife gladly spent the $250 on new bras(along with a few more dollars) and is happy.

Not a way I recommend to get the Forever card, but it is(was, before I shredded it) very pretty.

Happy wife, happy life.   Smiley Happy

Not a bad outcome, all things considered.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 3 of 19
JR_TX
Valued Contributor

@coldfusion wrote:

@ds3 wrote:

My wife gladly spent the $250 on new bras(along with a few more dollars) and is happy.

Happy wife, happy life.   Smiley Happy

Not a bad outcome, all things considered.

Well with the wifee’s new lingeries then it becomes Happy Husband as well!! Smiley Happy

New cc TLs : 0/6 ; 0/12 ; 0/24 | HPs EX 3 EQ 3 TU 4 | AAoA 7y10m | UTIL 1% - 4% | $300K+ Total Limits

Message 4 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Will hanging around outside the store during the day get me there eventually?
Message 5 of 19
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Will hanging around outside the store during the day get me there eventually?

No Oldman, that will only be valid for VS FOREVER DEVILSmiley Wink

Message 6 of 19
Pikaboo-icu
Valued Contributor

I actually spent enough one year to get the Forever Card, yes it's very pretty.

I think it kinda sucks you have to spend over $1000. every year or they demote your card again.

It's just a gimmick to get our money. 

Good for you being honest.. Hats off.gif

Message 7 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

wow ds3, very nice.

Good on you to let them know and getting to keep it!.....that stuff doesnt happen very much

Message 8 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am glad everything worked out for you and your wife! Smiley Happy

Your post certainly puts Comenity in a positive light unlike the many other posts bashing them.  ROFL Smiley Wink

Message 9 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a feeling that between a wife and a 15-year-old daughter, hitting a grand a year in spending on Pink and VS won’t be a problem in my house 🙄
Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.