Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dillards CLI.. NOT!!!

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Dillards CLI.. NOT!!!

I HATE GE!

not only did they pull credit without saying, they have credit specialized that can only tell you what the computer has generated, not make any decisions on there own and they are not based on account performance!

they declined it after having the account 5 months and having it maxed out EVERY month and PIF before the statement cut each month.

I need it for the rewards but am so sick of not being treated like a worth while customer. I'm elite for goodness sakes!

it's just like the stupid ebay mastercard.

Message Edited by Creditaddict on 12-03-2008 12:29 PM
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
spiritcraft1
Valued Contributor

Re: Dillards CLI

Not good to me either...  my three lowest limits and they have not budged... 5 perfect PIF months...

My new Dillards ($200 CL) is being closed...  apped for the Dillards AMEX with a 730 EQ, 2 INQ's and 1% UTL and received $200...  (Other lines to 10K)  I then spent an hour going over my life with a CSR at activation... income, obligations, blah, blah, blah (all good) only to be told NO at the end...  and I only asked for $600 to match my lowest TL  (Lowes)...  nightmare.

Macy's on the other hand...  all good.

Biz |
Current F08 -
Current 2,4,5 -
Current F09 -
No PG Biz Credit in Order of Approval - Uline, Quill, Grainger, SupplyWorks, MSC, Amsterdam, Citi Tractor Supply Rev .8k, NewEgg Net 30 10k, Richelieu 2k, Wurth Supply 2k, Global Ind 2k, Sam's Club Store 11.k, Shell Fleet 19.5k, Citi Exxon 2.5k, Dell Biz Revolving $15k, B&H Photo, $5k

Message 2 of 10
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I really wanted to ask the "Credit underwritier" how she liked her CREDIT job with NO Underwriting power but I bit my tongue and was nice. but I did tell her she should REALLY tell people they are going to pull credit again. and they shouldn't ask how much you want if it's going to not be countered.

luckily we already have the amex and it is 2200, but by far the lowest cl my father has. well right behind the 2500 on ebay! lol

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awww, I thought that based on your (previous) subject line, Dillards gave you a CLI. Since that isn't the case, let me say that I am sorry that you feel like you are not a worthy consumer. I feel the same way about Cap1 but can do very little because I need the card to help my utilization. Trust me, it is no picnic having a card since 2002 with no CLI-aside from the large increase given in the first few months.

I have read that by asking for a CLI there is an implied consent to having your credit reviewed/pulled. Can you do anything to reverse this action? At least Cap1 was kind enough to spare me the credit pull. I wish they had been kind enough to give me the only CLI I have asked for.

Message Edited by tonnie39 on 12-03-2008 03:30 PM
Message Edited by tonnie39 on 12-03-2008 03:32 PM
Message 4 of 10
spiritcraft1
Valued Contributor

They pulled a hard on you CA?

Biz |
Current F08 -
Current 2,4,5 -
Current F09 -
No PG Biz Credit in Order of Approval - Uline, Quill, Grainger, SupplyWorks, MSC, Amsterdam, Citi Tractor Supply Rev .8k, NewEgg Net 30 10k, Richelieu 2k, Wurth Supply 2k, Global Ind 2k, Sam's Club Store 11.k, Shell Fleet 19.5k, Citi Exxon 2.5k, Dell Biz Revolving $15k, B&H Photo, $5k

Message 5 of 10
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

well my dad, he is primary.
Message 6 of 10
iLiveCredit
New Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Awww, I thought that based on your (previous) subject line, Dillards gave you a CLI. Since that isn't the case, let me say that I am sorry that you feel like you are not a worthy consumer. I feel the same way about Cap1 but can do very little because I need the card to help my utilization. Trust me, it is no picnic having a card since 2002 with no CLI-aside from the large increase given in the first few months.

I have read that by asking for a CLI there is an implied consent to having your credit reviewed/pulled. Can you do anything to reverse this action? At least Cap1 was kind enough to spare me the credit pull. I wish they had been kind enough to give me the only CLI I have asked for.

Message Edited by tonnie39 on 12-03-2008 03:30 PM
Message Edited by tonnie39 on 12-03-2008 03:32 PM

I have read that by asking for a CLI there is an implied consent to having your credit reviewed/pulled. Can you do anything to reverse this action? Be sure to CLEARLY state that you are ONLY permitting a soft pull/ inquiry (feel free to reiterate that throughout the course of the call so there's no confusion Smiley Wink!

Message Edited by iLiveCredit on 07-06-2009 11:24 PM
Macy's $25,000 | Bloomingdales AMEX $25,000 | Care Credit $15,000 | Amazon Prime $8,300 | Target Red MasterCard $4,000 | Bergdorf Goodman $3,500 | Williams Sonoma $3,070 | Forever 21 $2,800 | Ann Taylor/ Loft $2,650 | J.Crew $2,550 | Children's Place $2,250 | VERVE $1,400 | First Savings $1,100 | Citi Rewards+ $700 | Gap $600 | Chase Freedom Unlimited $600

5/27/2021 TU 739 (CK) EQ 739 (CK)
5/27/2021 EQ 720 (FICO® Score 8)
5/22/2021 TU 737 (CK)
5/20/2021 EQ 711 (CK)
5/17/2021 EX 702 (FICO® Score 8)
5/13/2021 TU 710 (CK) EX 655 (FICO® Score 8)
5/09/2021 EQ 696 (CK)
3/19/3013 TU 583 (CK SCORE) EX 596 (CK SCORE)
3/19/2013 EX 595 (Experian.com)
3/13/2013 EQ 596 (FICO) TU 576 (FICO)
3/01/2013 EQ 586 (FICO)
2/27/2013 TU 594 (Credit Karma) EQ 612 (Credit Sesame) EX 643 (Quizzle)
9/14/2012 EX 550 (Experian.com) TU 515 (FICO) EQ 563 (FICO)
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Dillards CLI.. NOT!!!

@Creditaddict wrote:

I HATE GE!

not only did they pull credit without saying, they have credit specialized that can only tell you what the computer has generated, not make any decisions on there own and they are not based on account performance!

they declined it after having the account 5 months and having it maxed out EVERY month and PIF before the statement cut each month.

I need it for the rewards but am so sick of not being treated like a worth while customer. I'm elite for goodness sakes!

it's just like the stupid ebay mastercard.

Message Edited by Creditaddict on 12-03-2008 12:29 PM

Sorry that you didn't get approved.  But a word of patience to everyone.  5 months history is not really much history.  It is not uncommon for a minimum of 6 months and sometimes 12 or more to generate a real history.

While you may be 'elite' many people can "fake it" for 3 to 5 months, get CLI's and then get into trouble chasing higher CL's that ultimately they might not be able to handle well.  And lenders have to deal with that possibility, especially in light of current economic factors, job losses, home loan issues, etc.

Message 8 of 10
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

GE gives CLI every 4 months.

And what made me mad about the situation is originally she said credit line increase would be available but then asked me how much I wanted vs just giving me what was generated in the computer. I was not told that if I take what's in the computer it is soft and if I request it is a hard and then I got transferred to a credit underwriter who had NO power over the auto generated response which was then a no, so I not only got a hard but lost the CLI that was available before going and requesting.

I have since got a CLI for $200 (auto system generated) and next month I'm eligible again so will keep you posted.

GE is a bag of mess for personal cards if you ask me though. GE Business I LOVE! and they actually give real CL and reward good customers with big CLI, not $200! 

Message 9 of 10
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

After being with Dillard's for over 25 years, they reduced me from 2100 to 100.  I guess I don't shop there enuf.

I sent them packing.  They recently red. Wal-Mart by $105...they're on a rampage.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.