Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Diner Club Tid Bits!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Diner Club Tid Bits!

@aav wrote:

I asked for a 10k -20k increase and they gave me a 5k increase from 30k to 35k. This is after a mis-keyed payment my hubby made where they pulled my credit report -I was devastated lol.. they were hesitant but used the same hp to give me an increase. Originally I just wanted the hp removed but they wouldn't do that.

Huh, so they do CLIs after all! I figured they were pretty stingy on those. 

Message 21 of 25
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

That's nice you got a counter... When my partner requested it was declined and they said it was all of request or nothing!
Message 22 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@thom02099 wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

My partners CLI was FLAT OUT DENIED after a week.

He was approved in Oct for $15k, asked for $50k to match Navy.

1. Diners said not to apply for a CLI again for 8 Months!!

2. Diners club does NOT counter your request... he says if cardholder is asking for $50k, we assume the needs are for $50k and we try to approve that or nothing.

not sure the logic that if the needs are $50k but you can't do $50k how declining completely is better than "trying" to meet the needs!

3. They seem to also have gotten INQ sensitive all the way to a year now! certainly was not an issue in Oct.

They are SD unless we need to carry a hidden balance otherwise the rewards are about the worse of any card we carry.

So I guess that translates to "ask only for what you need" which certainly makes sense from their viewpoint.   Just hard to guess compared with Amex and others~!

Shouldn't that apply for ANY card?  If you don't "need" $50K, why ask for it?  Frankly, I was shocked when Diners Club gave me $50K out the gate, but I won't quibble.  I would have been perfectly satisfied with $10-$15K. 

Guess I'm not the "norm" here, in that I'm very satisfied with the limits I have.  I still get auto CLI occasionally, but I'm certainly not going to pursue any further CLI.  At some point, one needs to be satisfied with what they have...and I am.  And grateful as well.

Lol said the person with 200k in credit and nearly perfect credit scores

Message 23 of 25
thom02099
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@thom02099 wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

2. Diners club does NOT counter your request... he says if cardholder is asking for $50k, we assume the needs are for $50k and we try to approve that or nothing.

not sure the logic that if the needs are $50k but you can't do $50k how declining completely is better than "trying" to meet the needs!

3. They seem to also have gotten INQ sensitive all the way to a year now! certainly was not an issue in Oct.

They are SD unless we need to carry a hidden balance otherwise the rewards are about the worse of any card we carry.

So I guess that translates to "ask only for what you need" which certainly makes sense from their viewpoint.   Just hard to guess compared with Amex and others~!

Shouldn't that apply for ANY card?  If you don't "need" $50K, why ask for it?  Frankly, I was shocked when Diners Club gave me $50K out the gate, but I won't quibble.  I would have been perfectly satisfied with $10-$15K. 

Guess I'm not the "norm" here, in that I'm very satisfied with the limits I have.  I still get auto CLI occasionally, but I'm certainly not going to pursue any further CLI.  At some point, one needs to be satisfied with what they have...and I am.  And grateful as well.

Took a long time to get to that point, with a lot of hard work, and as I said, I didn't ask for the $50K Diners gave me.

Now that I'm retired, I have no need for additional new credit, and am in the process of retiring some of my cards.  Yes, it will affect by utilisation, but frankly at this point in my life, I don't care! Smiley Surprised  And the 800s don't really mean squat; I'd be just as happy with upper 700s/mid 700s.  I'm not applying for any new credit, so the scores, in my case, are simply bragging rights, and otherwise useless.Smiley LOL

Heresy here, I know.

And as I said, I'm very satisfied with what I accomplished and very grateful.  More is not always better...Smiley Happy

Message 24 of 25
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@thom02099 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@thom02099 wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

Took a long time to get to that point, with a lot of hard work, and as I said, I didn't ask for the $50K Diners gave me.

Now that I'm retired, I have no need for additional new credit, and am in the process of retiring some of my cards.  Yes, it will affect by utilisation, but frankly at this point in my life, I don't care! Smiley Surprised  And the 800s don't really mean squat; I'd be just as happy with upper 700s/mid 700s.  I'm not applying for any new credit, so the scores, in my case, are simply bragging rights, and otherwise useless.Smiley LOL

Heresy here, I know.

And as I said, I'm very satisfied with what I accomplished and very grateful.  More is not always better...Smiley Happy

Definitely agree.

Signature needs updating
Message 25 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.