Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Diners Club PIN change

tag
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

Diners Club PIN change

Well as some of you may want to know, I called up DC and asked them how we would go about changing our PINs. They told me when you are ready to change the PIN to give them a call. They will then open up a 12hr window where you would go to a chip enabled ATM and perform a cash advance for the lowest possible amount, being $20. At the time the ATM asks for your PIN you enter in the PIN that you want NOT your current PIN. Hope that helps some fellow members here.

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Diners Club PIN change

@ojefferyo wrote:

Well as some of you may want to know, I called up DC and asked them how we would go about changing our PINs. They told me when you are ready to change the PIN to give them a call. They will then open up a 12hr window where you would go to a chip enabled ATM and perform a cash advance for the lowest possible amount, being $20. At the time the ATM asks for your PIN you enter in the PIN that you want NOT your current PIN. Hope that helps some fellow members here.

They sure do make things difficut Smiley Sad

Message 2 of 23
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@ojefferyo wrote:

So is that an absolute requirement? The part about taking out a cash advance just for the PIN changes? Couldn't the same thing be accomplished by the checking your balance feature at a PIN enabled ATM?

Message 3 of 23
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

@ojefferyo wrote:

So is that an absolute requirement? The part about taking out a cash advance just for the PIN changes? Couldn't the same thing be accomplished by the checking your balance feature at a PIN enabled ATM?

Yes, in UK ATMs, change card PIN is a menu item.   No need for another transaction (or to call for that matter!)

Message 4 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

l
@CreditMagic7 wrote:

Yes, in UK ATMs, change card PIN is a menu item.   No need for another transaction (or to call for that matter!)

We sure are behind the times in the US.

Message 5 of 23
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

@ojefferyo wrote:

That's what she told me, it's probably that sequence their computers look for within the 12hr window.

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 6 of 23
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

Oh other thing was when I called my bank (BofA) and asked if their ATMs were chip enabled the guy had no clue, I had to explain to him what I was asking even though they just replaced my debit card with a chip one.

Message 7 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the tip, OP. I might be odd, but I enjoy the idiosyncracies that the Diners Club presents. It is like owning an older Jaguar, you have to get to know it before you can really appreciate all the quirks. 

Message 8 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ojefferyo wrote:

Oh other thing was when I called my bank (BofA) and asked if their ATMs were chip enabled the guy had no clue, I had to explain to him what I was asking even though they just replaced my debit card with a chip one.

Most BoA ATMs are but not all. BTW their ATMs won't use the chip if you insert a chip BoA debit card.

Message 9 of 23
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

@ojefferyo wrote:

In Switzerland too..you enter the card the current pin and select change pin from the menu ..change the pin and you are all set. But Germany does not allow to change pin and believe me this is a hassle on chip&pin  cards. You basically need your mobile before paying as nobody can remember the various pin at least not me 😛

Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.