Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Diners Club and closing accounts

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Diners Club and closing accounts

I just spoke to a CSR about a concern that one of my diners club cards will be closed as the rule now, apparently is we can only have one card. She ensured me that if I have already paid the annuals, I have nothing to worry about and it will remain open. With that said she was clear about the one cars rule when they reopen applications. So for those of you that have been issued both elite and premier, pad yourselves on the back, we get to keep both cards!
Message 1 of 30
29 REPLIES 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Diners Club and closing accounts

@Anonymous wrote:
I just spoke to a CSR about a concern that one of my diners club cards will be closed as the rule now, apparently is we can only have one card. She ensured me that if I have already paid the annuals, I have nothing to worry about and it will remain open. With that said she was clear about the one cars rule when they reopen applications. So for those of you that have been issued both elite and premier, pad yourselves on the back, we get to keep both cards!

That's nice.

Message 2 of 30
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

Depending on who to talk to one will say yes and another will say no. I've called many times and got different answers everytime.

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 3 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ojefferyo wrote:

Depending on who to talk to one will say yes and another will say no. I've called many times and got different answers everytime.

I got sick of that crap. Seeing these issues takes the sting out of getting denied, lol.

Message 4 of 30
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@ojefferyo wrote:

I got sick of that crap. Seeing these issues takes the sting out of getting denied, lol.

HAHA the last time I spoke with the CSR they talked to the underwriters and they said my app along with the stuff I faxed over was sitting on their desk, no decision on the ELite  has been made yet. I app'd on the 5th of Nov. At least I got my Premier though.

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 5 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

When and if they reopen applications I'm still going to apply for second card.  I don't think any of them know what it is going to happen for sure.

Message 6 of 30
victornewman
Contributor

I do not have high hopes for my Elite DC.  I have been credited rewards for all of my Premier purchases but nothing for my Elite.  There is not even a rewards link on my Elite account page. So far, that $300 AF I paid is not paying off for me.  I probably should call them (And I will eventually) but I know there is a pretty good chance that I will get a hold of someone who knows absolutely nothing about nothing.

Message 7 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@victornewman wrote:

I do not have high hopes for my Elite DC.  I have been credited rewards for all of my Premier purchases but nothing for my Elite.  There is not even a rewards link on my Elite account page. So far, that $300 AF I paid is not paying off for me.  I probably should call them (And I will eventually) but I know there is a pretty good chance that I will get a hold of someone who knows absolutely nothing about nothing.

Better than someone who knows everything about nothing!

Message 8 of 30
victornewman
Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@victornewman wrote:

Better than someone who knows everything about nothing!

Very true!  LOL!

Message 9 of 30
Creditcurious74
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

When and if they reopen applications I'm still going to apply for second card.  I don't think any of them know what it is going to happen for sure.

What's the advantage on carrying two DC and paying more AF.  Having said that having that card is on my bucket list but I don't think they're BK friendly so I just move on.

Message 10 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.