Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Diners Club trade line😄

tag
red259
Super Contributor

Re: Diners Club trade line😄

@Anonymous wrote:

I hope it never reports as i would like to keep this 15k hidden as i have already been denied by lenders twice for too much availble credit, last thing i want showing up on my crs is another 15k

Yea with all those cards the last thing I would want is a new line showing up. Smiley Happy

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 11 of 39
thom02099
Valued Contributor

Mixed thoughts on whether it will report or not. 

On the one hand, it's nice to have another hidden tradeline.  One can run expenses through the card and not have it impact util, if one needs to carry a balance.  Also, not having a ding on score for a new TL is a plus.

On the other hand, it would be nice to have that TL with an additional $50K of credit available; would sure impact total util.  It was interesting to note that, the inquiry from DC on my TU account had absolutely no affect on my score. 

Message 12 of 39
chalupaman
Super Contributor

I'm also having mixed feelings about this whole situation as well.

Having a hidden TL like that sounds great, but at the same time, I'm not sure whether I'd care to pay a $95 AF to have it. If I'm getting the card for rewards, I think I could do better with other cards. I really still want to have at least one card that has a 10K limit and it seems likely that I might be able to get that with this card so there's a positive but at the same time, it doesn't report. I'm almost at the 10K limit mark with one of my cards anyway, so I can also think to myself having a hidden 10K limit TL wouldn't be so bad because I can get my utilization down even further without it affecting my scores.

So yeah, many positives and negatives on both sides of the coin for me to consider now.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 13 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

@chalupaman wrote:

Having a hidden TL like that sounds great, but at the same time, I'm not sure whether I'd care to pay a $95 AF to have it. If I'm getting the card for rewards, I think I could do better with other cards. I really still want to have at least one card that has a 10K limit and it seems likely that I might be able to get that with this card so there's a positive but at the same time, it doesn't report. I'm almost at the 10K limit mark with one of my cards anyway, so I can also think to myself having a hidden 10K limit TL wouldn't be so bad because I can get my utilization down even further without it affecting my scores.

So yeah, many positives and negatives on both sides of the coin for me to consider now.

It's a shame they won't do BT's though.

Message 14 of 39
baller4life
Super Contributor

Not sure I will keep it past the first yr. I HATE annual fees. Especially when rewards won't justify it. Not beneficial to me if it won't report. And with no BT option, can't even hide a balance. Dont feel too excited to carry a balance on 13% anyways. Oh well....
Message 15 of 39
BarryNTexas
Established Contributor

Yeah man!  What a wicked combo that would be... hidden with BT.  

@Anonymous wrote:

@chalupaman wrote:

DC Prem 20K | DC Elite 20K | PenFed Visa 25K | NFCU Sig Visa 25K | NFCU Flagship 25K | AMEX Delta 25K & SPG 15K
RBFCU MC 20K | Barclay's RMC 11.5K & Ring 22K | Chase United 30K | Chase Hyatt 8K | Citi AA 15K | Citi DC 15K
Discover it® 27K | JCPenney MC 22K | Home Depot $9K
EX/796 EQ/794 TU/802 GOAL: Break 800
Message 16 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

@BarryNTexas wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@chalupaman wrote:

You don't really need a BT in order to shift your balance from one card to another, simply use the diners card for all your purchases, while using your income to pay off other card, you'd be able to pay off your card in no time with 100 % going to the card with the balance and your diners card will soak up all your purchases without revealing the balance to crs

Message 17 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@BarryNTexas wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@chalupaman wrote:

You don't really need a BT in order to shift your balance from one card to another, simply use the diners card for all your purchases, while using your income to pay off other card, you'd be able to pay off your card in no time with 100 % going to the card with the balance and your diners card will soak up all your purchases without revealing the balance to crs

Yes, but Interest charges!

BT at a promo rate vs Purchases at normal rate.

Message 18 of 39
BarryNTexas
Established Contributor

Already doing that... thanks

@Anonymous wrote:

@BarryNTexas wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@chalupaman wrote:

DC Prem 20K | DC Elite 20K | PenFed Visa 25K | NFCU Sig Visa 25K | NFCU Flagship 25K | AMEX Delta 25K & SPG 15K
RBFCU MC 20K | Barclay's RMC 11.5K & Ring 22K | Chase United 30K | Chase Hyatt 8K | Citi AA 15K | Citi DC 15K
Discover it® 27K | JCPenney MC 22K | Home Depot $9K
EX/796 EQ/794 TU/802 GOAL: Break 800
Message 19 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@BarryNTexas wrote:

That doesn't help to meet spend minimums

Message 20 of 39
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.