Diners Club trade line😄

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Diners Club trade line😄

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@BarryNTexas wrote:

Yeah man!  What a wicked combo that would be... hidden with BT.  

@Anonymous wrote:

@chalupaman wrote:

I'm also having mixed feelings about this whole situation as well.

Having a hidden TL like that sounds great, but at the same time, I'm not sure whether I'd care to pay a $95 AF to have it. If I'm getting the card for rewards, I think I could do better with other cards. I really still want to have at least one card that has a 10K limit and it seems likely that I might be able to get that with this card so there's a positive but at the same time, it doesn't report. I'm almost at the 10K limit mark with one of my cards anyway, so I can also think to myself having a hidden 10K limit TL wouldn't be so bad because I can get my utilization down even further without it affecting my scores.

So yeah, many positives and negatives on both sides of the coin for me to consider now.

It's a shame they won't do BT's though.

You don't really need a BT in order to shift your balance from one card to another, simply use the diners card for all your purchases, while using your income to pay off other card, you'd be able to pay off your card in no time with 100 % going to the card with the balance and your diners card will soak up all your purchases without revealing the balance to crs

Yes, but Interest charges!

BT at a promo rate vs Purchases at normal rate.

Also True!

Message 21 of 39
taxi818
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

At this point I hope that they never report.  It's nice to have a few things hidden from prying eyes

Totally agree. and others have had 3 statements. noting.

ive had 2. nothing. so im gonna charge it up a little. not to much. but thank goodness. i can let go without thinking of the fico effect. Smiley Wink

Message 22 of 39
taxi818
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@BarryNTexas wrote:

Yeah man!  What a wicked combo that would be... hidden with BT.  

@Anonymous wrote:

@chalupaman wrote:

I'm also having mixed feelings about this whole situation as well.

Having a hidden TL like that sounds great, but at the same time, I'm not sure whether I'd care to pay a $95 AF to have it. If I'm getting the card for rewards, I think I could do better with other cards. I really still want to have at least one card that has a 10K limit and it seems likely that I might be able to get that with this card so there's a positive but at the same time, it doesn't report. I'm almost at the 10K limit mark with one of my cards anyway, so I can also think to myself having a hidden 10K limit TL wouldn't be so bad because I can get my utilization down even further without it affecting my scores.

So yeah, many positives and negatives on both sides of the coin for me to consider now.

It's a shame they won't do BT's though.

You don't really need a BT in order to shift your balance from one card to another, simply use the diners card for all your purchases, while using your income to pay off other card, you'd be able to pay off your card in no time with 100 % going to the card with the balance and your diners card will soak up all your purchases without revealing the balance to crs

Yes, but Interest charges!

BT at a promo rate vs Purchases at normal rate.

true but all DC members get 13% no matter what. even without BT it is fine. you can shift like other poster sai. and pay off other cards just that much faster. with no new charges. I think the cash advance rate is also 13.15 % as the entire CL is available in a cash advance. although they do have daily limits of how much you can take out in cash.

Message 23 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

I too hope it remains hidden. I exclusively have been using my premier card, I LOVE IT.... 

Message 24 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got the card because it's the only card that nearly always asks for PIN in chip readers. I know chip and signature is supposed to be accepted worldwide, but it's still more hassle than a PIN card. And it looks like I'll actually be able to use the lounge access in a month or so when I fly down to Mexico, so that's a plus. I definitely couldn't justify the $300 AF version though.

Message 25 of 39
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I got the card because it's the only card that nearly always asks for PIN in chip readers. I know chip and signature is supposed to be accepted worldwide, but it's still more hassle than a PIN card. And it looks like I'll actually be able to use the lounge access in a month or so when I fly down to Mexico, so that's a plus. I definitely couldn't justify the $300 AF version though.

I just used the lounge in Vegas this past weekend, my G/F and I,  still haven't seen the charge for additional guest yet. The free food and alcohol is NICE.

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 26 of 39
taxi818
Super Contributor

@ojefferyo wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I just used the lounge in Vegas this past weekend, my G/F and I,  still haven't seen the charge for additional guest yet. The free food and alcohol is NICE.

Some of those lounges have showers and the whole nine yards. did they swipe your card or just look at it to make sure it was a diners??

Message 27 of 39
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

@taxi818 wrote:

@ojefferyo wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Some of those lounges have showers and the whole nine yards. did they swipe your card or just look at it to make sure it was a diners??

They looked at it then swiped it and I had to sign, but there was nothing on the paper i sign stating a price. Yeah the one that we used in Vegas had a shower also. 

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 28 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

The lounge at DFW has Air conditioning as an amenity.

Air conditioning.

Message 29 of 39
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

Smiley LOL sure hope so, I bet the poor soles not in the lounge are just sweatin

Message 30 of 39
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.