Did you mean: 

Diners club locked

tag
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Re: Diners club locked

@longtimelurker wrote:

@taxi818 wrote:
Great response. As stated before. Overblown paranoia. At least at my fico. This is case number 3 of shutdown. Only iwol seems innocent. And s/he stated they had 12k spend in a month. So it's not the average joe at dinner. And it's not if you buy gas. Unless you still drive a hummer. Sorry that's a 500 spot. So it looks suspious. And it's not any gift card as other poster said. It's that cash kind of card. So all of us using. To only have 3 reported shut downs. The sky is not falling people.

I agree the sky is not falling (there are more cases reported elsewhere though), but still not a smooth running machine!  They have been very slow in the app process, recently stopped new applications, and these are NOT good signs.  They may turn out to be neutral, and just catching up with the unanticipated demand, but that's still not great.   If they are so easily surprised, other things could happen, such as deciding that their CLs were a little too high for risk.

And even in the MS world, if that really is the concern, this was triggered at a way too low level.   Last week I put about $3K on grocery gift cards on each of two Penfed cards, with no issue.  And if the ultra-conservative Penfed is OK...

Neither is losing over $1000 first time payment. That's right! I mailed off my first payment on the 4th and even sent it 2-day USPS Express Delivery Tracking and on friday the 7th tracking showed DELIVERED. I been on the phone for the past 3 days over this. And i got 3 completely different responses with no one able to transfer me to payments dept. Mind you the due date is not until December but Come On Already. Yes i always include the account number on any payment etc. At first i was told MAYBE they are waiting to post it at the statement release. Well the statement arrived today and still no posting of my first payment. This is highly agitating to say the least. I went on to tell the rep i spoke with today that when i was told BY THEM that they have no record of a payment yet and i promptly expressed firmly that i have the very TRACKING NUMBER that shows it WAS delivered to Carol Stream P.O.addy. Not only that but out of haste i mailed yet ANOTHER payment Monday and i expect that one to show up, if not, something is horribly terribly wrong with how they are handling this whole consumers card ordeal.

On a different note both cards here been working just fine so my issue AFAIK is just as equally disturbing since i refuse to charge anymore on it until they prove some confidence in receiving & posting payments. I am positive that the USPS done their job. And at least i have the proof and today this lady really did try to help, but after many minutes on hold she had to resort to offering me a FAX number in which to send off the USPS tracking proof.

I may be overreacting a bit but who wouldn't? The last time this same thing happened (last summer) someone in a payments dept (different lender) posted a payment to a wrong account. I thought these guys were better then this as it's Diner's Club?

Message 71 of 92
taxi818
Super Contributor

You actually mailed a payment? All I can say is wow. Smiley Sad

Message 72 of 92
sccredit
Valued Contributor

@rlx01 wrote:
Using the words "innocent" or "guilty" in the context of MS is trying to impose your weird "justice" system on others.

Nothing about MS is illegal or wrong. You're not the issuer and have no idea what the issue really is.

No one advertises a 3x grocery card without knowing what it's going to be used for.

Bull.

Most people do not MS and cards are not meant for it.  The only reason I have my BCP card is the 6% on groceries and have never bought a Gift Card at my grocery card.  Just because your moral compass is different than others does not make them weird 

Message 73 of 92
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@taxi818 wrote:

You actually mailed a payment? All I can say is wow. Smiley Sad

Yes, exactly my view as well.  CreditMagic7, sorry to be blunt, but you have only yourself to blame on this one.  Plenty of institutions that have the bill payer option that allow Diners Club as a payee that you can add yourself thus saving the whole aggravation issue.  I was able to push payments from three sources/banks, even a CU without any issues... all delivered as per their SLAs.  You could have also elected to wait and made the payment online via Diners once the payment portal became available.  So, yes you are overreacting for something that was totally preventable.  And, no the USPS is not always 100% reliable.  They've lost countless of mail parcels sooo....

Message 74 of 92
baller4life
Super Contributor

IMG_0130.JPG

Oh boy!! This is getting good!

Message 75 of 92
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, I'm a bit surprised someone still mails in payments.  To each their own but I would hate to rely on USPS for anything.

Message 76 of 92
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Yeah, I'm a bit surprised someone still mails in payments.  To each their own but I would hate to rely on USPS for anything.

Exactly.

Message 77 of 92
Ghoshida
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

OT but with Equifax, I need to still go postal. 

Message 78 of 92
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Ghoshida wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

OT but with Equifax, I need to still go postal. 

Good point.  That's actually the last time I mailed anything 

Message 79 of 92
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@sccredit wrote:

@rlx01 wrote:
Using the words "innocent" or "guilty" in the context of MS is trying to impose your weird "justice" system on others.

Nothing about MS is illegal or wrong. You're not the issuer and have no idea what the issue really is.

No one advertises a 3x grocery card without knowing what it's going to be used for.

Bull.

Most people do not MS and cards are not meant for it.  The only reason I have my BCP card is the 6% on groceries and have never bought a Gift Card at my grocery card.  Just because your moral compass is different than others does not make them weird 

I don't know the percentage of those that MS.   But the BCP was capped precisely because a lot of people did buy gift cards with it.  

But I agree rlx01 probably shouldn't have said "wierd", more no-one should assume their value system is the only correct view 

Message 80 of 92
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.