Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DinersClub lounges and access fee?

tag
Sharingan
Established Contributor

Re: DinersClub lounges and access fee?

@taxi818 wrote:
So to confirm your membership they simply scanned your dcp or dce?

At the lounges I have visited, they had this handheld device that they used. I believe they slid my Premier card on it and then a confirmation slip generated for me to sign. 

Message 11 of 25
Sharingan
Established Contributor

@NRB525 wrote:

@Sharingan wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Sharingan wrote:

Art & Club is at EWR (Newark Liberty International), and it is listed for Lounge Club. The guest fee listed is if you decide to bring guests into the lounge who are accompanying you on your trip. There were similar fees listed when I visited The Club lounges in Orlando and Atlanta last week, and for the lounges I'll be visiting in Miami and London Heathrow this coming week. There shouldn't be any fees when you arrive at the desk and only need entrance for yourself. They simply confirmed my Diners Club membership on their device and requested my boarding pass.

I also visit the individual websites for the lounges that I stay at because they sometimes have maps available to help locate them in the terminals. 

Did you need to show your Lounge Club card?  Just wondering whether it's necessary to carry it all.

Nope, I don't even remember where I put that card. My Diners Club Premier MC was all I had to present. I'm hoping it's the same at every club. 

As far as I know they don't issue a Lounge Club card. I never got one.

Used the DC in February and April, two separate locations; provide boarding pass, swipe the CC on their handheld reader, me sign the electronic squiggly, enjoy your stay.

That would certainly be the reason I cannot locate one. I'm typically not one to lose things. I even know where my old Priority Pass card is that came with the AmEx Platinum I had a while ago, so it would be very unusual for me to misplace a Louge Club card if it was sent to me.

Message 12 of 25
taxi818
Super Contributor

Yeah. I never got a lounge club card either. It's something I would have noticed.
Message 13 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@NRB525 wrote:

@Sharingan wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Sharingan wrote:

Art & Club is at EWR (Newark Liberty International), and it is listed for Lounge Club. The guest fee listed is if you decide to bring guests into the lounge who are accompanying you on your trip. There were similar fees listed when I visited The Club lounges in Orlando and Atlanta last week, and for the lounges I'll be visiting in Miami and London Heathrow this coming week. There shouldn't be any fees when you arrive at the desk and only need entrance for yourself. They simply confirmed my Diners Club membership on their device and requested my boarding pass.

I also visit the individual websites for the lounges that I stay at because they sometimes have maps available to help locate them in the terminals. 

Did you need to show your Lounge Club card?  Just wondering whether it's necessary to carry it all.

Nope, I don't even remember where I put that card. My Diners Club Premier MC was all I had to present. I'm hoping it's the same at every club. 

As far as I know they don't issue a Lounge Club card. I never got one.

Used the DC in February and April, two separate locations; provide boarding pass, swipe the CC on their handheld reader, me sign the electronic squiggly, enjoy your stay.

They issue them for sure.  I and lots of others received the cards

Message 14 of 25
taxi818
Super Contributor

Maybe you get that with the elite. I'm sure if you said you got it. It's there. I only have the dinersclub premier. $95 version. And I did not get a refund on my AF like many others. But I at least want the lounge perk. I did transfer my points to delta for no cost. So they made things good. Now since it's no longer hidden. I'm not happy. Smiley Sad
Message 15 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@taxi818 wrote:
Maybe you get that with the elite. I'm sure if you said you got it. It's there. I only have the dinersclub premier. $95 version. And I did not get a refund on my AF like many others. But I at least want the lounge perk. I did transfer my points to delta for no cost. So they made things good. Now since it's no longer hidden. I'm not happy. Smiley Sad

Maybe, though that would be strange but who knows with DC.  Here's what the card looks like

image.jpeg

Message 16 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just realized that I was wrong.  My Lounge Club card came from my Ritz Carlton credit card, not the Diner's Club.  Guess DC didn't send them out.

Message 17 of 25
taxi818
Super Contributor

Hehe. Ok Irish. For sure I be we saw that. Smiley Happy
Message 18 of 25
NRB525
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I just realized that I was wrong.  My Lounge Club card came from my Ritz Carlton credit card, not the Diner's Club.  Guess DC didn't send them out.

#Signs_you_have_too_many_cards

Smiley Tongue

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 19 of 25
taxi818
Super Contributor

I thought. Same thing but would not say it. Smiley Happy
Message 20 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.