Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disappearing CLI buttons

tag
sdoonan
Contributor

Disappearing CLI buttons

Has anyone else noticed that CLI request buttons seem to be disappearing with more frequency? I can't find the love button on my AMEX or Discover cards anymore.

Cards: CitiForward for Students (2K, opened 8/2009), Discover it (2K, opened 7/2010), AMEX BCE (1k, opened 12/2010), Capital One Quicksilver (4.5k, opened 11/2011), Chase Freedom (1.5k, opened 8/2014)

AMEX Platinum (NPSL, AC arrangement, added 12/2011), Citi AAdvantage AMEX (9k, AU, backdated to 9/2008)

Scores: TU 667, EQ 651

In the Garden since 8/8.
Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
CS800
Super Contributor

Re: Disappearing CLI buttons

@sdoonan wrote:

Has anyone else noticed that CLI request buttons seem to be disappearing with more frequency? I can't find the love button on my AMEX or Discover cards anymore.

FOr discover it doesnt show up on your account page but if you d oa search for it, you will get a link and it will still tell you to cal a number. DEfinitely a HP for this one.

For AMEX, I have only had a revolver for 1 month now so I dont hink I have this option until I reach the 61st day, unless im missing it.

Message 2 of 21
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

Discover disappeared sometime in December, you can probably still call in and request one though.

As for AmEx, I have a two week old charge card, don't know that my card would have that button.
Message 3 of 21
CS800
Super Contributor

@-Cain- wrote:
Discover disappeared sometime in December, you can probably still call in and request one though.

As for AmEx, I have a two week old charge card, don't know that my card would have that button.

The charge card would have the option to check spending limit.

Message 4 of 21
dalebb
Valued Contributor

@CS800 wrote:

@-Cain- wrote:

dont play with that button

Message 5 of 21
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@dalebb wrote:

@CS800 wrote:

@-Cain- wrote:

dont play with that button

+1

Smiley Very Happy

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 6 of 21
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

-----> dont play with that button

+1,000,000.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 7 of 21
Jazzzy
Valued Contributor

I have had the Delta AmEx for a couple of years, and I just checked. I still have the "Increase Your Credit Limit" button. When I look at Recent Activity it is at the bottom of my list of charges.

Message 8 of 21
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

Lol, love those responses! Thank You fellow myFICOers, I have read plenty about playing with that button. I'm staying away. I've done a $260 and a $1200 purchase on my card that went smooth already. I will try that button only if I need to!
Message 9 of 21
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@-Cain- wrote:
Lol, love those responses! Thank You fellow myFICOers, I have read plenty about playing with that button. I'm staying away. I've done a $260 and a $1200 purchase on my card that went smooth already. I will try that button only if I need to!

When I get my AMEX i'm hitting that button!!! And if they F/R me i'm gonna send them back their shredded card!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Chest pumped out)

I'M SORRY AMEX I WOULD NOT SO SUCH A THING!!!!! Smiley Sad

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.