Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disco APR reduction approved

tag
AnimatorProcrastinator
Regular Contributor

Disco APR reduction approved

I've had the card for almost 3 years and have asked for APR reductions sporadically every 6 months. I was approved at around 24% APR and as of today am down to 15.74%, my goal is to get down to their lowest APR of 13.49% as I currently don't have a lender who has given me their lowest yet. Of course I never carry a balance on rewards cards, but it is nice to see how far my credit has come.

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
PicoFico
Frequent Contributor

Re: Disco APR reduction approved

Congrats!! You're almost there! 😉

Rebuild start: 5/15/19

Financial Institutions:
Wells Fargo | NFCU | Penfed
Products:
Discover It CB $2.1k | WF Propel $22.5k | PenFed PCR $20k | NFCU Platinum $10k | NFCU More Rewards $25k | NFCU Flagship $30k | NFCU CLOC $500 | NFCU SSL 60mo | NFCU Auto loan

Message 2 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your Disco APR reduction!

Message 3 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Big congrats!!!! This is something I need to do too next month. I have a scary 24.49%
Message 4 of 23
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your APR reduction!

Message 5 of 23
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on the reduction

Message 6 of 23
blindambition
Senior Contributor

Congrats!!! Gotta ❤️ Ms. Disco for still giving permanent reductions. Hear that Chase??? 👅 

Message 7 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on your APR reduction! 👍

Message 8 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AnimatorProcrastinator wrote:

I've had the card for almost 3 years and have asked for APR reductions sporadically every 6 months. I was approved at around 24% APR and as of today am down to 15.74% ...

Congrats on your successes. What method are you using -- messaging, calling in, chat?

Message 9 of 23
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Last time I asked via chat , I was offered permanent APR reduction or another 12 months of 0% promo. 

I think you have to wait 6 months after 0% ends if you want another one, completely ignorant on timing between APR reduction requests 

Another thing, if you ask, sometimes they will offer another cashback match period, but often with shorter duration, like 6 months or something like that. 

Chat works just fine. 

Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.