cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disco (Cashback or Chrome) or some other lender for BT?

tag
kudosalert
Frequent Contributor

Disco (Cashback or Chrome) or some other lender for BT?

Checked this morning and I'm qualified for 2 cards from Disco (it Cashback and Chrome). Looking to balance transfer some purchases  to pay over time. Are their pre-qualifications pretty solid?

Considering btw the 2 cards, I'm looking at lenght of intro 0% apr and % fees on BT amount. On both cards the intro period is 14 months, fees are 3% of BT amount in first three months and then 5% after that. 

I'm not really planning to use the card I pick for any purchases so points/redeemption value is irrelevant at this point. Any info or tips to help me choose between the two? Maybe even perhaps another card for BT option? I looked at Citi Simplicity but did not get a pre-qualified offer. 

In my wallet:

In my desk:
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Mv350
Valued Contributor

Re: Disco (Cashback or Chrome) or some other lender for BT?

IMHO you can pick either one you want, and change back and forth between the 2 every month if desired to do so. Your experience may be different, but I wasn't offered any BT until after my 6th statement cut, so be sure that it is part of the original card agreement. My fiancé was able to sign up for the Citi doublecash card and get a 0% BT for 9 months with 0 transfer fees. If it's BofA you are transferring from Amex BCE also has some offers right now, that could be a soft pull for you to qualify.
Message 2 of 14
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Both excellent cards but if you dont on plsn on using them maybe look at an Amex or even Citi to get longer terms..How much do you need to transfer?

As for flip flopping every month between an it and Chrome, i dont think thats possible or wise. Yes some people have changed their reward systems but i wouldnt want to ask every month. JmoSmiley Wink
Message 3 of 14
kudosalert
Frequent Contributor

@Mv350 wrote:
IMHO you can pick either one you want, and change back and forth between the 2 every month if desired to do so. Your experience may be different, but I wasn't offered any BT until after my 6th statement cut, so be sure that it is part of the original card agreement. My fiancé was able to sign up for the Citi doublecash card and get a 0% BT for 9 months with 0 transfer fees. If it's BofA you are transferring from Amex BCE also has some offers right now, that could be a soft pull for you to qualify.

Citi always shows up as 5% transfer fee for me so that's not attractive. How did your fiance get a zero% offer? 

Looking to transfer from Amex so no Amex or BOA  BT cards for me.

In my wallet:

In my desk:
Message 4 of 14
kudosalert
Frequent Contributor

looking to transfer 5k. didnt pre-qualify for Citi. 

In my wallet:

In my desk:
Message 5 of 14
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Citi may be 5% but you can get 18 , DP, or 21 months Simplicity , which is pretty long. Might be worth the hp and 5% but Citi isnt known for huge sl. There are also other cards out there who offer bt like US Bank, HSBC, etc.

I personally think Disco is a great card for its cash back , bt offers especially in 1st year. Good luck with your decision.
Message 6 of 14
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Oh, and i never prequal for anything let alone Citi. Many dont. What are your current stats?
Message 7 of 14
kudosalert
Frequent Contributor

Do you know how much of SL they will let you use for BT? both for Citi and Disco? I dont remember seeing it in the small prints.

In my wallet:

In my desk:
Message 8 of 14
kudosalert
Frequent Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Oh, and i never prequal for anything let alone Citi. Many dont. What are your current stats?

FICO 715. 37% uti on one Amex. 40% util on BOA. 10% on other Amex but hasnt reported yet. 

All of my accounts are less than 1 year. No baddies. 

In my wallet:

In my desk:
Message 9 of 14
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

My understanding is as much as your limit allows unlike that dumb Amex rule lol. Also Disco prequals are pretty solid ime though not always 100% gaurenteed. There is also chance you wont get limit you need but you might be able to call snd see if they could give you more for your needs.
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.