Did you mean: 

Disco Combination Opinions

tag
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Disco Combination Opinions

@Anonymous wrote:

@joltdude wrote:

Hmm.. is it even worth merging them? .. One advantage of close and open would be if you apped for the Discover "miles" down the road, and get CB match on 1.5% which at the end of year would be a total of 3% CB on.... You know your original card is bucketed... Just some thoughts on that... 

-J

@joltdude  i'm a 10000% sure it's bucketed, but i keep calling and talking to Disco about it. My hope is that i can finally get someone to slip up and actually tell me it's bucketed vs. the PC answer they try to give each time i call. 

Unfortunately, they won't "slip up" becasue this is hard coded internally @Anonymous.   Since the card hasn't exhibited much upward movement since graduation, it's definitely in a tranche of some sort.  It may grow, but at a turtle's pace (more likely a Galapagos one) Smiley Wink

Here's what I would do, if it's of any of value to you (i.e. $600), combine it into the grower.  There's your $600 CLI!  Sure, it'll be factored for up to ~10 years, but do you have a horizon timeframe of what you'll do in 10 years where most of your other established credit history doesn't already account for?

Or, potentially, let it be.  But, if you combine from the most recent one into the "tranched" one, we're back to square one with the growth.

Message 11 of 22
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

I would...

PhotoGrid_1553566557464.jpg

Message 12 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FinStar   I know they won't, but it is fun to try LOL     

I agree that i wouldnt combine the new one into the older one, as that would be pointless for growth.   I'm leaning towards doing it as i have so many cards in such a short period of time, that by the time it dropped off, i would have a handful (and toes) of cards over 10 years that would have my AAoA just about bulletproof at that point.   

I have heard that you can combine and still get your CLI, so i would be gaining CL even tho i would be losing a card. 

Message 13 of 22
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

I have heard that you can combine and still get your CLI, so i would be gaining CL even tho i would be losing a card. 

That's what I would do IMO Smiley Happy

Message 14 of 22
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

In all seriousness, once cap1 reopens the option for combining, I'm folding my qs1 into my qs. While it's my oldest, my second oldest isn't that far off and I would rather have less cards to deal with, especially since I won't lose the limit.

Message 15 of 22
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@FinStar wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

That's what I would do IMO Smiley Happy

+1

FWIW that's what I would do as well.  Smiley Happy

Message 16 of 22
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

I would do the combo. The first Disco only wants to see you dance while the second one will dance with youSmiley Wink. Dont let the idea of another Disco card in future escape you. Im actually enjoying my Chrome as i basically live in my Shell lol.
Message 17 of 22
joltdude
Senior Contributor

Theres one thing that was forgotten in this.. if your eligible for CLI on the card, you might have your cake and eat it too (meaning getting both the transfer + a CLI on top)...... That wouldn't be so bad either...

Message 18 of 22
Caught750
Valued Contributor

I’d combine em!
PERSONAL; Amex | AOD FCU | BBVA | BECU | Capital 1 | Chase | Citi | Discover | Key | NFCU | PSECU | SECU MD | Synchrony | US Bank
BUSINESS; Amex | Citi
F8 Current F8s ~750 Best Ever F8s ~775
TOTAL PERSONAL CL > $350k and TCL > $365k
Message 19 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did it, and combined them.   Thanks for all the opinions and conversation. 

Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.