cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disco luv decline offer

Highlighted
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

Disco luv decline offer

With all the disco luv recently and the moon and stars  that aligned for @AJC I am curious if anyone has experience with declining their offer and waiting for a better outcome?

 

They offered 500 to me and I declined and was hoping if I waited it might turn into more.

 

Just wondering if anyone else has done this and been successful and if so how long was the process?  Also holding out and maybe combining my cards to get a single better line and think that is possible with a CLI on the table? Just keeping that option open.

 

Thanks

EXP 758 TU 783 EQ 729
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Disco luv decline offer

There have been a person or two or have done this. Lol, i myself can no way afford to decline a standard cli for my weight classSmiley Wink. I salute all you declineesSmiley Wink. You all have bigger Disco Balls than i doSmiley Wink.
Message 2 of 13
Highlighted
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

Re: Disco luv decline offer


@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
There have been a person or two or have done this. Lol, i myself can no way afford to decline a standard cli for my weight classSmiley Wink. I salute all you declineesSmiley Wink. You all have bigger Disco Balls than i doSmiley Wink.

😂😂

Oh the weekend is young lol, with my first card I get 300 increments every 4 months or so. Now atleast this card is starting at 500,  so doing better I suppose.

EXP 758 TU 783 EQ 729
Message 3 of 13
Highlighted
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Disco luv decline offer

The problem i see with declining one is there is no set way to determine when the next offer will be available.
Message 4 of 13
Highlighted
Established Contributor

Re: Disco luv decline offer

I want to know about this tooo. Anyone?





Amex Platinum NSPL || Amex Everyday $10K || Amex BonVoy $16K || Amex HH Surpass $2K || Aviator AA $7.6K || Citi AA $7.2K || Citi Costco $5.5K || NFCU CashReward $26K || Blispay $5K || Discover $12.8K || Paypal Credit $7.6K || VS card $4.1K || Walmart store $8.5K
Message 5 of 13
Highlighted
Epic Contributor

Re: Disco luv decline offer


@Jnbmom wrote:

They offered 500 to me and I declined


I took The $500

as i had not had a CLI in Many a Moons.

 

but also note;  it was in the Sock Drawer for a loooooong time.

popcorn eating emoticon.gif

Message 6 of 13
Highlighted
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

Re: Disco luv decline offer

I'v asked about this in a past thread...

I'm curious to someone who has done this and the outcome....

If I were to do this myself... id refuse the CLI, and then try again in possibly 3-6 months.... Unless an autocli happened .... Smiley Wink

 

This is my thought on this.. Note its not probably how it works with Miss Disco and completely hypothetical.... 

Declining a smaller CLI would appear to me if i was a human underwriter... that you arent desprate for it and don't "need it badly".... so next time around you ask for one. barring other parameters say yes.. I'd be likely to give you a bit more..  And this is how Cap One used to work at one point.. Not sure as of late... 

 

Remember this is completely magic 8 ball/woo/prediction land im talking in regards to Miss Disco. YCMV

-J

 

Message 7 of 13
Highlighted
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

Re: Disco luv decline offer

 


@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
The problem i see with declining one is there is no set way to determine when the next offer will be available.

 

Think 3 months might be a good starting estimate for a "waiting" period or possibly 6 months between tries... at least untill we know better. (remember first autocli if there is one comes after the third statement and you can request APR reductions and offers every 6 months as long as its after the promo period. One thing i have stopped doing quite some time ago is smashing constantly... I had a good run.. now its 6+ months if i even hit Miss Disco up.....

Message 8 of 13
Highlighted
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Disco luv decline offer

I declined $700 Aug 18 and requested again Sept 28 and got a $3K CLI. I wrote about it in a post. And I did not leave money on the table because I tried to DD with no luck. 🤣

I also got another CLI of $2.2K Dec 8.

I was declined last month for a CLI, which I attribute to my BT in Feb that increased my UT from 4% to 32%.

DEC 2019: EX 816, TU 820, EQ 810
DEC 2018: EX 777, TU 783, EQ 799

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macy's $20K || NFCU CLOC $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || NFCU Platinum $12.5K || Apple Card $6.5K ||
Message 9 of 13
Highlighted
Super Contributor

Re: Disco luv decline offer


@Jnbmom wrote:

With all the disco luv recently and the moon and stars  that aligned for @AJC I am curious if anyone has experience with declining their offer and waiting for a better outcome?

 

They offered 500 to me and I declined and was hoping if I waited it might turn into more.

 

Just wondering if anyone else has done this and been successful and if so how long was the process?  Also holding out and maybe combining my cards to get a single better line and think that is possible with a CLI on the table? Just keeping that option open.

 

Thanks


Where you are in Discover Credit Limit is relevant to the discussion.

 

Someone with $2,700 limit might be well advised to take the $500 increase.

 

The posters suggesting waiting 6 months after declining a $500 increase, I am not sure that makes sense. After 6 months of further use, Discover may offer the same $500 increase. I know the long list of my Discover CLI have been $500 each, 8 of them actually of $500 each. So if you decline one at $500, then get another of $500 at 6 months, if you took the first, you'd have +$1,000 by that point, not +$500. And I did decline a $500 CLI, twice, in mid-2016, before this run of 8x at $500 is what I got. So I've really got 10 offers of $500, which I accepted 8 of them. I would be $1,000 higher if I had just accepted all of them.

 

And if one has a $27k Discover CL, how much more CL is expected? $500 may be them just throwing you a bone to keep a smile on your face. $10,000 CLI seems out of the question at that level. Even a $2k CLI would be odd.

 

My Discover CL is $17,500 now.

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.