Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disco 🥺

tag
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

Disco 🥺

Still sending those 0% BT checks every 2 weeks with 4% fee 🤢

But "no 🍲 for you" for CLI , last one 6 months ago.

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Disco 🥺

Lol I gave up and stopped asking. 

I am just happy to see my two cards have their limits intact. 

Message 2 of 9
CBrow
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Lol I gave up and stopped asking. 

I am just happy to see my two cards have their limits intact. 

I'm definitely happy to see mine intact, too. Their approval system is a mystery to me. The only part that makes sense is my last denial for lack of use of current available credit.

Message 3 of 9
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Sorry Sistah! 

I feel ya!  Disco sent another letter but this last one stating dh's Fico 8 being 722.  Ha! Mine is 722, his is 778......I'm done. 

P.s.  Yes, I looked at the other Fico 8's. Bankcard and whatever the other one was.....not close.  Disco's scorecard even shows all of his scores, none below 762 since Feb 2019.  

It is now in the trash can beside the sock drawer.

Good Luck!

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 4 of 9
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

I gave up asking for CLI on either CC .. try next yearSmiley Tongue

Message 5 of 9
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Even having an offer is a bonus right now. I'd  be amazed if using one doesnt end in some kind of adverse action.  I only have one bt offer ( Sears) that im so back and forth on even utilizing . Im sure if i use it , AA will start hitting across my accounts. I still havent received either stimulus or UEC so the bt could help but would just be more needed to pay back.  Rock meet hard placeSmiley Wink

I havent smashed with Disco for a week now nor do i plan to anymore unless i find work. No use rocking a boat thats already sinkingSmiley Wink

Message 6 of 9
recoveringfrombk7
Established Contributor

@Jnbmom wrote:

Still sending those 0% BT checks every 2 weeks with 4% fee 🤢

But "no 🍲 for you" for CLI , last one 6 months ago.

They are on the record for no CLIs during the current COVID-19 stuff.  I'm sure some people are still getting them, but it will be spottier than usual.

Desired BK recovery line up complete 7/12/2021. Planning to garden until 8/2023 and potentially try for AMEX.
Message 7 of 9
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:

No use rocking a boat thats already sinkingSmiley Wink

Disco will throw you the rope....the whole ropeSmiley LOL

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 8 of 9
KJinNC
Valued Contributor

Spottier than usual? Let's see, is never-ever very spotty, or not spotty at all? I guess not spotty at all?

I will say upfront, I have a weird profile, and I don't blame a lender for not liking it.

But, I got a secured Discover last May. It had a $500 deposit/CL at first. I increased it to $1,000 in June. I used it quite a bit, making multiple payments per month, the balance never getting close to the CL. In December, it unsecured ... to $1,500. My FICO 8s were over 700 at that point. Everyone else I saw graduate usually got $2,000 or $2,500, often with credit scores in the 600s, bankruptcies still reporting, etc. Hmm, ok. Since then, I have requested CLIs a number of times. The requests are always rejected. My history with the card (and with all my cards) remains flawless. During this time, I went from not having an Amex, to having over $34k in Amex credit limits across several cards. I have gone from not having a Citi card, to having about $20k in Citi credit limits across two cards. Plus four $5k-$8k cards. Of all the cards I have, the lowest credit limit now is on my oldest card, Discover: a cool $1,500.

It is mind-bending (if they are uniquely freaked out by my profile, why did they unsecure the card immediately after the seventh statement?), but, whatever! It isn't as if I would get a meaningful answer if I asked them. They'd just tell me to try again later. At some point, I may open another Discover. If that one gets a decent CL, maybe I'll close the first one. If not, maybe I'll give up on Discover and try again in a few years.

FICO Resilience Index: 64. Cards: 5/24, 2/12, 2/6. Accounts including loans: 8/24, 4/12, 3/6. Card CLs total $213,900, or $240,400 including the AU card. Cards (oldest to newest)

Authorized user / Corporate / Auto loans / Personal loan
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.