Did you mean: 

Discover 10% or $12% off gift cards

tag
Exonumist
Established Contributor

Re: Discover 10% or $12% off gift cards

@scientifics wrote:

@SwampSystems wrote:

The best way to do it is buy Walmart gift cards at a gas station when Discover is doing a 5% gas quarter, and then use the gift cards when Walmart does the 10 cent gas rollback. The hardest part is finding a gas station that sells Walmart gift cards.

The 5% gas is only for gas purchased at the pump, so this wouldn't work either!

That actually depends on how the station has everything set up. The charges at the gas station I usually go to make no distinction between paying at the pump or inside. I got 5% back on everything I bought there.

Flowfaster- We must have posted at the same time. I had talked to a csr as well and they told me it was at the pump only...

Message 11 of 14
RyVision
Valued Contributor

I had asked DM reps about the 5% gas station rules.  They said as long as it codes as a gas station, you can also check our list online (IIRC), and I did, there was a loooong list and it has some fine print of adding others not on the list due to coding.  No mention of having to pay at the pump.  Again IIRC, I think both DM and Chase have such lists with similar small print.

I wonder if a lot of people confuse PenFeds pay at the pump 5% rule with other cards 5% rules (BTW, Chase 5% on gas seems to work the same way as DM, it's not pay at the pump either).

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 12 of 14
SwampSystems
Frequent Contributor

@scientifics wrote:

@SwampSystems wrote:

The best way to do it is buy Walmart gift cards at a gas station when Discover is doing a 5% gas quarter, and then use the gift cards when Walmart does the 10 cent gas rollback. The hardest part is finding a gas station that sells Walmart gift cards.

Did you not see the commercial?

Message 13 of 14
alboto
Regular Contributor

@SwampSystems wrote:

@scientifics wrote:

@SwampSystems wrote:

Did you not see the commercial?

If in doubt, just watch the commercial.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.