Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover 12 months for CLI?!?!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover 12 months for CLI?!?!

I recently got my first Discover card with a low starting limit. I wasn't sure if they do recons on SL so I called the backdoor number to find out. He told me they have no manual review process for starting limits.

He ALSO told me that due to current circumstances (I'm assuming COVID?) they are not manually reviewing new accounts for auto CLI until after the card has been open for 12 mos. In addition, he said they are no longer approving CLI at 3 months and all CLI (auto or requested) will be denied until the account has been open 12 months. 

um WHAT?! Smiley Surprised

25 REPLIES 25
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Re: Discover 12 months for CLI?!?!

Yeah, I saw this posted on reddit. Honestly not that surprising given the situation. I think a year is kind of harsh and 6 months would have been a bit more reasonable, but then again there are lenders who almost never give CLIs at all or make it very difficult, so, it is what it is. At least after a year you can still request it.

Message 2 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kdm31091 wrote:

Yeah, I saw this posted on reddit. Honestly not that surprising given the situation. I think a year is kind of harsh and 6 months would have been a bit more reasonable, but then again there are lenders who almost never give CLIs at all or make it very difficult, so, it is what it is. At least after a year you can still request it.

Bummer. One of the main reasons I got this card was the quick growth potential. Wish I would have known this a month ago. 

Message 3 of 26
Mr_Mojo_Risin
Senior Contributor

Uhh what? I certainly dont like to hear that. I've had mine a couple of months and was looking forward to 91/3. 

Just earlier this morning there was member here that posted they received an email from Disco saying they were offering a CLI. The member stated they only had their CC for 4 months. 

Anyways I'll still try when the time comes. Thanks for the DP's 

NFCU More Rewards 28K CL
NFCU Cash Rewards 16K CL
Citi Custom Cash 7.5K CL
AODFCU Visa Sig 5K CL
Discover IT 2.5K CL
Capital One QS 3600 CL
Message 4 of 26
Kforce
Valued Contributor

@kdm31091 wrote:

I have a CU card that is 23 years old, no rewards and has the origional CL.

They do not issue CL increases, period.

So what is a year !     Smiley LOL

Message 5 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Mr_Mojo_Risin wrote:

Uhh what? I certainly dont like to hear that. I've had mine a couple of months and was looking forward to 91/3. 

Just earlier this morning there was member here that posted they received an email from Disco saying they were offering a CLI. The member stated they only had their CC for 4 months. 

With a SP there's no harm in trying! I'm going to still do the same. The worst they can do is say no.

Message 6 of 26
Mr_Mojo_Risin
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Mr_Mojo_Risin wrote:

With a SP there's no harm in trying! I'm going to still do the same. The worst they can do is say no.

I know you're right!! 

If you dont mind, keep us updated when your 91/3 comes and you give it try. I'll be doing the same.

NFCU More Rewards 28K CL
NFCU Cash Rewards 16K CL
Citi Custom Cash 7.5K CL
AODFCU Visa Sig 5K CL
Discover IT 2.5K CL
Capital One QS 3600 CL
Message 7 of 26
Ficoproblems247
Valued Contributor

Yup, still gonna smash that luv button the day after every statement anyway. 😂

FICO 8 Sep '23 EX 755 EQ 765 TU 739
TCL $199,800
Message 8 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Mr_Mojo_Risin wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Mr_Mojo_Risin wrote:

I know you're right!! 

If you dont mind, keep us updated when your 91/3 comes and you give it try. I'll be doing the same.

Will do! Marked on the calendar for July 9th lol

Message 9 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

... I called the backdoor number ... told me ... 

CSR's say the darndest things!Smiley LOL

Message 10 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.