Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover 2% cash back on up to $500 through June

tag
RyVision
Valued Contributor

Re: Discover 2% cash back on up to $500 through June

I just noticed while glancing through what card people  have with Discover, MORE or IT.   I think this promo is only for those with the IT card as I have not seen anyone with a MORE in their siggy that has got the promo.  I have the MORE.  I'm guessing most who weren't able to get the 2% (double cash back) have the MORE card.

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 31 of 49
phillyguy12
Frequent Contributor

i have the more card, and i dont have the offer, i called to pc to IT a few days ago and will be done when next statement cuts, but i also have been taking advantage shop discover promo via homedepot i should eventually get between 10-15% back on a few purchases i made, shopdiscover home depot was 5% and currently at 10% combined w/ the 5% for the current catagory- i got a firpit and some misc yard stuff i needed

Amx BCE-25k,Amx Zync-NSPL
Barclay's Mastercard-13.5k
Credit Union Visa-1k
Discover-24k, Khols-2k
Message 32 of 49
primechicken
Contributor

@compassion101 wrote:

Just to confirm I understand it correctly, so it's $500 I spend in June and get $10 back instead of $5?Of course free money is always nice but it's really only worth $5 if this is the case. 

Or is it up to $500 back spending 25k? This seems not a likely offer, nor can I spend anywhere near 25k in a month.

Just looking to see if I understand it sorrectly, thanks

I'm gonna have to agree with the lukewarm sentiment behind this reaction. I think you are indeed understanding it correctly, compassion101 - it's 2% cash back on up to $500 in purchases, which means it maxes out at $10 instead of $5 for the month. I mean, any cash back is welcome, of course, but it's only five bucks. Smiley Indifferent

I got some cards with some credit limits. Some are better than others.
Message 33 of 49
linux007969
Established Contributor

I'm all signed up, now I just gotta think of what to buy in June.... LOL Smiley Very Happy

Rebuilding Credit since 2016
Debt: Almost $80,000
Message 34 of 49
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Just an FYI for folks who have signed up, the offer dissappears after you spend the $500

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 35 of 49
chieferZzzz

I have the More and I have the Promo

Message 36 of 49
HiLine
Blogger

@RyVision wrote:

I just noticed while glancing through what card people  have with Discover, MORE or IT.   I think this promo is only for those with the IT card as I have not seen anyone with a MORE in their siggy that has got the promo.  I have the MORE.  I'm guessing most who weren't able to get the 2% (double cash back) have the MORE card.

FYI, I got the offer on my More.

Message 37 of 49
SpecFile
Valued Contributor

I'll take it!! Thanks Discover!
Message 38 of 49
codimom
Frequent Contributor

Thank you!  I signed up!

Back in the garden!
App free since 23Oct2012 reset to 27Aug13 and reset again 4nov13
Message 39 of 49
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

I  would have taken it but again NO LOVE from Discover !  Looks like it is time  to SD my Discover card ?

Message 40 of 49
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.