Did you mean: 

Discover 4506-T @ random

tag
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Discover 4506-T @ random

@NRB525 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

True. But the already have more crucial info than income, so 'm not really concerned if someone knows what I make annually. 

Seems to me they should go directly to Uncle Sam for tax info though. What's with everyone needing middle men for everything? 

Maybe I’m not following the intended description, but a 4506-T is an authorization, which allows the holder to go to the IRS to get the tax transcript. 

In the case of AMEX the tales seem to indicate AMEX Centurion Bank handles that request and puts the info into the AMEX database, not one of the credit bureaus. 

I dont know if that has been stated about Discover, clarifying who is receiving the 4506-T transcript data.  

@NRB525 not sure if you missed this, but apparently EQ is handling the 4506-t for discover for whatever reason.  I suppose it is their sandbox and they can ask for whatever they would like and one has two options...

Message 41 of 50
Lucifer
Frequent Contributor

So OK...I had a few minutes to run through this post and being a Discover clients for 15 years or more it caught my attention.

If I were Discover - I would seriously CLD, Balance Chase or maybe even flat out close to the OP's account.

Wayyyyyy to much exposure compared to income (and I know that isn't everything), way too much paying  in interest cahrges (nobody does that unless they are forced to or in some kind of briding circumstance) and lastly - (this is my factor as Discover isn't reading this thread)  but the OP's approach and justifications - I don't know that they represent the most healthy of attitudes towards the situation/debt.

OP  Good luck with everything and I hope all works out well for all involved.  

Stay Liquid My Friends...

Starting Score: F8 3xx
Current Score: F8 800+
Goal Score: F8 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 42 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, they unfroze my account and appologized once they saw my tax returns.  So yeah.. 

So the account is still open and the credit limit is unchanged.

So my unsecred debt must not scare them anymore now that they have confirmed my income.

Message 43 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

I honestly feel you are off topic.  This forum isn't here for you to judge my spending habits, to be honest.  I can afford my debt.  I live comfortably, and Discover agrees - account reinstated, no change to my limits.

@tacpoly wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Yeah, that's about right.  I didn't think that was a lot considering I don't have a mortage and my rent is under $2K/mo.  I could technically pay it off in under a year; months really.  I mean if they don't like that they should probably get out of the credit card business.  Maybe it would make more sense for them to offer loans with proper terms.  The entire point of a credit card is risk and unsecured debt.  My entire debt portfolio is under $100K, which includes all other debt.  Maybe lenders look at it differently.  In my mind it's nothing compared to what most other people hold for debt.  All of my family/friends/co-workers have hundreds of thousands of dollars in debt.  They have no where near the monthly income I do.

If you can pay off $30k+ of credit card debt in a few months, why in god’s name do you keep carrying the balance and presumably wasting money paying interest? I think Discover saw $30k cc debt plus another $30k auto loan and they wanted to make sure your income can comfortably support that before they extend you more credit. 

Oh, just because the people around you are deeper in debt, it doesn’t mean you’re in a great situation. 

Message 44 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a normal amount of debt and apparently Discover agrees with it.

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
I must be blind but where does Op say they have 30k in cc debt? My understanding is Op baught a car for 30k so that is the debt, which for many people is normal. Car payment and all.

Message 45 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, their analysts disagree with you.  My limit remains unchanged, the account is unfrozen, and they've appologized to me.

@Lucifer wrote:

So OK...I had a few minutes to run through this post and being a Discover clients for 15 years or more it caught my attention.

If I were Discover - I would seriously CLD, Balance Chase or maybe even flat out close to the OP's account.

Wayyyyyy to much exposure compared to income (and I know that isn't everything), way too much paying  in interest cahrges (nobody does that unless they are forced to or in some kind of briding circumstance) and lastly - (this is my factor as Discover isn't reading this thread)  but the OP's approach and justifications - I don't know that they represent the most healthy of attitudes towards the situation/debt.

OP  Good luck with everything and I hope all works out well for all involved.  

Message 46 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry for all of the double posts BTW.  I wanted to try and reply to everyone if I could.  Also, I do live in FL guys.  So I'm not paying state income tax.  I bring in $6K per month after tax.....

Message 47 of 50
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Im glad you got it resolved. Smiley Happy
Message 48 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover noticed they’re the only prime lender that you have a big limit with and they needed to make sure you can pay it. And I’ll have to disagree that 30k in CC debt is a normal thing, no matter how much you make.
Message 49 of 50
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Going to close this thread as OP has issue resolved by providing POI and account was re-instated.  What has needed to be said and outcome has all been said.

Message 50 of 50
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.