Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover 5% Cashback for 3rd quarter

tag
aamex
Frequent Contributor

Re: Discover 5% Cashback for 3rd quarter

@andre181 wrote:

Discover doesn't care if its at the pump or inside. Any purchase at gas stations earn 5%. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3PM9lt8CS8

That was helpful....still curious about the gift cards...has anyone tried it?

Wallet: Fidelity Investment Rewards | BOA Travel Rewards | Chase Sapphire Preferred | Discover More
Message 21 of 23
tennisfan78
Established Contributor

@vagrants wrote:

@tennisfan78 wrote:

@boomhower wrote:

@enharu wrote:

Honestly curious.......Does gas station sell prepaid visa cards? Does it qualify for 5%? : /

At one point it only counted if you charged at the pump and they didn't count inside purchases, not sure if it's still that way or not though. 

wow ok. i wonder what others experiences are in this regard.

@Never had such situation. It didn't matter if I paid @ the pump or the staion. Perhaps confused with the PenFed Plat?

Thanks for the clarification vagrants and andre

Starting Score: EQ=665,TU=618 on Oct 9,2010
EQ=702,TU=725 on Apr 11, 2012 EQ=705 on Oct 31, 2012 Current Score: EQ=702, TU=714 on Dec 8, 2012
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 22 of 23
SwampSystems
Frequent Contributor

@nyancat wrote:

@BrokaToe wrote:

Yah, luckily Walmart has 15 cents off per gallon right now until July 7.  That has overlapped nicely between 1st quarter Freedom and 3rd quarter Discover. Be getting a decent discount most of the year. Then I'll use BOA for 3% during the 4th quarter.  Gas is so ungodly expensive I have to take advantage of every offer I can get for it.

Actually, it's cheaper than bottled water and cheaper than virtually any other country in the developed world (barring oil producing countries).

Where do you buy your bottled water, a vending machine? I buy mine by the gallon for 80 cents.

Message 23 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.