Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover 5% Oct-Dec / Be Careful

tag
happyhome40
New Contributor

Re: Discover 5% Oct-Dec / Be Careful

I spoke to a rep about this very thing last month because I had questions about what constituted online shopping. I was told any and all online shopping would receive 5%. The rep asked her supervisor and that is where the info came from. Also, when you shop through ShopDiscover, you still get whatever CB the merchant is offering in addition to the 5% from Discover. So if you shop at shoes.com and they are offering 20% CB, you'll still get that and an additional 5% from Discover.

HTH

Message 11 of 16
flowfaster
Established Contributor

Oh yeah. I love ShoDiscover.  If you combine this with a giftcard bonus(from shopdiscover) you get the cashback on the pre gift card price.  YMMV

I redeemed my cashback for a $50 Sears gift card for $40.  Then bought something through shopdiscover at sears for $55 at 10% cashback and used the giftcard.  I got 5.50 cash back bonus on that deal. YMMV  Does that make sense?  I'm sensing some great deals incoming if you can get an additional 5% on top of all that.  lol

If this does work, and I think it will because it worked last year, (giftcard thing + cashback bonus of full amount) I would save this card till black friday-xmas to maximize the savings.

Amex BCP/BC/Zync - Amex Business GR - Barclays NFL Visa Sig 49ers/Arrival - BoA BBR - Cap 1 Quicksilver - Citi Forward/Preferred - Chase Amazon/Freedom/Ink Plus - Discover IT - Fidelity Amex - GECRB Amazon/Walmart - PenFed PRV - Target - USAA Amex - US Bank CASH+/Club Carlson
Message 12 of 16
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

Sounds like Discover will be the card to use for online shopping starting in Oct until the end of the year. Too bad there's the $1,500 spend cap, so max $75 cashback.
Message 13 of 16
happyhome40
New Contributor

Dont forget, if you use ShopDiscover you get more than that. ShopDiscover is unlimited.

Message 14 of 16
CardinalRules
New Contributor

If it's true that you get 5% cashback for any and all online shopping, then it will be the go to card for the rest of the year, especially with the holidays coming up.

AMEX SPG - $8k
Citi AA Visa - $6.5k
Walmart Discover - $5.5k
Citi Forward - $3.9k
Discover More - $2.5k
Wells Fargo Cash Back - $1.9k
Message 15 of 16
firesoul453
Contributor

Its up to discovers discression to what qualifies but my guess is any transaction that says

POS Mode Description ONLINE

And don't forget that its online shopping 

and

Department Stores

My ultimate credit wish,
a JP Morgan Palladium card
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.