Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover APR Reduction UPDATE

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover APR Reduction UPDATE

So I've been working on my credit for the last 3 years and have made great progress!  Thank you "My Fico" Smiley Happy  I applied for Discover last year at the end of July and was approved with a $1500 cl and APR of 20.99%.  At the time I applied there was a 12 month 0% promotion as well.  This is also the last cc I've applied for and I have been in the garden since.  So anyway I've never received an auto cli and I waited till August to call and ask for an APR reduction as I have high utilization and figured they wouldn't do a limit increase.  The agent I spoke with said she could NOT reduce my APR w/o pulling my credit report but that she could extend my 0% promotion for another year.  I took it!  Well got my statement today and the APR was changed to 15.99%, I panicked and thought they didn't honor the 0% so I called.  Well the agent said yes I am getting the 0% promotion till next Oct (2013) and that the APR was changed October 1st from 20.99 to 15.99%.  Woo Hoo!  It may still seem high but its certainly better than 20.99%.  I just wanted to give back to my fico by sharing my story!  Good luck my fico comrades and there is hope, it just takes time and patience but the results get better eventually. Smiley Very Happy

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
firesoul453
Contributor

Re: Discover APR Reduction

Thats awesome! I'll definetly have to remeber its possible to extend the into 0% apr!

Congrats!

My ultimate credit wish,
a JP Morgan Palladium card
Message 2 of 23
kwazziee
Regular Contributor

Sweet! I will keep this in mind. Just got y Dsicover card last week with a 15 month 0%. Will try this for sure when the time comes.

Message 3 of 23
AZHeather
Frequent Contributor

Nice!!  I love my Discover card!

Message 4 of 23
Imua
Frequent Contributor

awesome!!! 2-for-1 Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 23
aplast
Regular Contributor

I will have to remember this for sure! How cool. Thanks for sharing with us!
Message 6 of 23
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

Awesome APR extension!

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 7 of 23
score_building
Senior Contributor

Good going!! Nice results Smiley Wink

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 8 of 23
migliogiorni
Established Contributor

Never knew CC companies could or would be willing to do that.  Ima try that one when my promo period expires, thanks.

BOA: 8.9k
CSP: 5k
Discover: 5k
Citi TY Preferd: 5k
Wally: 5k
JCP: 4.9k
citiForward: 4.7k
ChaseFreedom: 4.5k
DFS: 2k
Message 9 of 23
score_building
Senior Contributor

@migliogiorni wrote:

Never knew CC companies could or would be willing to do that.  Ima try that one when my promo period expires, thanks.

Wouldn't count on it though, sounds like mileage may vary, not a sure thing.

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.