cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover APR reduct success + 0% /1yr offer! :)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover APR reduct success + 0% /1yr offer! :)

Congrats!

Message 11 of 22
ddemari
Super Contributor

nice job! congrats on getting something! 

Message 12 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@pizza1 wrote:

AWESOME!! 

Called into Discover to see about getting an APR reduction since Ive had my card for a year now.....Lady congratulates me, and thanks for me for being a great customer, and handling my acct well (great CS btw)....and to my surprise I was eligible!!!  

APR reduced from 23.99%......to.......18.49%!!!  plus an an offer of 0% for 1yr if I wanted to carry a balance on a bigger purchase. 

I know that apr is  still high, but definitely a step in the right direction for me in my rebuild! Im pleased with the outcome. Smiley Wink

I reallllllly hope I get the same offer when I call. I haven't tried yet because I am still in my initial 0% period. I hope to have some Pizza luck when I try!

Message 13 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your reduction, pizza1 -although we don't agree on several things Smiley Wink

@Annipoo

What in this world is that "Fashion Bug Store" card you have (no pun intended)!?

It's pink and it has the words "fashion" and "bug" in it's name Smiley Surprised

Message 14 of 22
lord_kinbote
Established Contributor

@pizza1 wrote:

AWESOME!! 

Called into Discover to see about getting an APR reduction since Ive had my card for a year now.....Lady congratulates me, and thanks for me for being a great customer, and handling my acct well (great CS btw)....and to my surprise I was eligible!!!  

APR reduced from 23.99%......to.......18.49%!!!  plus an an offer of 0% for 1yr if I wanted to carry a balance on a bigger purchase. 

I know that apr is  still high, but definitely a step in the right direction for me in my rebuild! Im pleased with the outcome. Smiley Wink

Congrats

Message 15 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Any APR reduction is a good thing! Glad to see your solid history with them was rewarded. Keep up the good work!
Message 16 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cool! I'm gonna call one of these days and inquire about getting a chip card, a reduced APR and a decent CL, oh-by-the-way, since we're talking and all. Smiley Wink

I've had my card since Aug of 14 and gone from $1.5k to $8.9k in 500 and 1000 increments.

Message 17 of 22
score_building
Senior Contributor

@Kevin86475391 wrote:

That's fantastic, congrats! It's reasons like this why Discover remains my favorite lender!

On a different note, you received both the permanent APR reduction and temporary 0% APR? I called last year about an APR reduction too, and got it, but I remember the lady saying something like, "We have two offers for you..." and it was the permanent APR reduction and the 0% temp, and I remember being like, "Ohh, I'll take the permanent reduction." because I was thinking it was an either/or type thing. LOL, but now I'm wondering if they were offering me both and I just didn't realize it.

Oh well, I PIF anyway so I guess it wouldn't have mattered.

Yes they typically only offer one OR the other. Discover just keeps on stepping up their customer relations, they're giving Amex a run for their money on the JD Power rankings, lol.

Congrats on the double dip OP, that's a big drop in regular APR keep at it every 6-12 months and you should arrive at the lowest available, which still isn't fit to carry a balance, as we know, regardless lower APR is always preferable...agree that you would manage a zero APR promo well should you chose to, without AA reprisal but don't think the csr is in any position to offer assurances on that.

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 18 of 22
steelers1
Frequent Contributor

@pizza1 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@pizza1 wrote:

AWESOME!! 

high or not it beats crapital ones 25%!  enjoy the 0% and categories, maybe go on a road trip!

I doubt ill use the 0% for 1 yr thing, Ive been PIF for 2 /12 yrs since my BK..  Im nervous to try anything different, lol..I dont want it to set off red flags with any of my lenders.  Discover said it wouldnt be a red flag to them at all, and commended me for wanting to be cautious lol, but said theyre just fine it. 

No debt is GOOD DEBT!

Message 19 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Annipoo

What in this world is that "Fashion Bug Store" card you have (no pun intended)!?

It's pink and it has the words "fashion" and "bug" in it's name Smiley Surprised

Fashion Bug is a Comenity backed card for a clothing store that my mother used to manage. Maurices bought them out a few years ago and I can't figure out why they haven't closed the cards or migrated them to the Maurices cards. The only reason I have this card is because my mother begged me to apply for it so that one of her employees could hit the company required quota of applications. It is my oldest card so I guess I will keep it until Comenity closes it for inactivity. It's basically a useless piece of plastic that stays in my safe and will probably never see the light of day again.

Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.