Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover AU

tag
bed
Valued Member

Discover AU

I made my sister an AU on my Discover It card about five months ago. All it asked was her name before sending out her card, no ss# or anything else.  I figured Discover wouldn't report because of this, so I went ahead and added her on my Amex BCE.  A few days ago, she had me look at her credit report to see if she would be able to get a card on her own, and I noticed that Discover has been reporting my balance on her report.  Does anyone know how this is possible considering I only gave them her name?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Discover AU

I'm not sure if you didn't want the card to report for your DS or not. However, Discover, a Chase and other lenders report AUs. It's up to the CRAs if they can match the person without having their SSN.
Message 2 of 5
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@09Lexie wrote:
I'm not sure if you didn't want the card to report for your DS or not. However, Discover, a Chase and other lenders report AUs. It's up to the CRAs if they can match the person without having their SSN.

+1

Some lenders don't require the SS# to report such information.  If all else matches up accordingly, it will report.

Message 3 of 5
bed
Valued Member

I did want it to report; it just confused me. Thanks for clarifying.

Message 4 of 5
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.