It would be insane which is why it’s only Walmart.com 😂 

You had to come in and squash my dreams  lol 

smiley-laughing021.gif

Message 31 of 78
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover Adding Additional 5% Categories for Q3 and Q4 2019

@Anonymous wrote:

Good to see Discover raising the bar a bit and putting some pressure on Chase.  No doubt Q4 will result in some market share going away from Chase if they just roll with the standard Amazon and Discover cardholders have more options.

It’s definitely nice to see them add more utility to the card. I was looking at it being SD 3/4 of the year and just used for groceries since I have Amazon Store Card and I have minimal restaurant spending and no gas spending either but I can see using it for Black Friday Target and Walmart. 

Message 32 of 78
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don’t get how the PayPal 5% works. I have a PayPal account but I’m not super familiar with it. I’ve just occasionally used it.  So if you fund PP with DSC you get 5% back? Wouldn’t you just fund your PP account to the max quarterly limit and then send it to your bank account, then pay off your DSC and profit 5%? Why would DSC and PP allow this?

Message 33 of 78
UncleB
Credit Mentor

My app finally updated, and I'm now seeing Paypal for Q3 and Walmart.com/Target for Q4 as well.  Smiley Very Happy

I'm slightly bummed that Walmart turned out to be walmart.com only, but getting Target (in-store) is still pretty good.

As others have mentioned you can always order Walmart gift cards on walmart.com and use them in-store (or at Sam's Club), but for just a few $$$ I doubt I'll bother (I already have the BBVA/Clearpoints Visa for 3% cash back at Walmart). 

I've never ordered a GC from walmart.com, but I have ordered them from samsclub.com and honestly they make it a PIA.  They come unactivated - which is good - but a couple of times the activation has been a headache.  Assuming WM's process is the same or similar to Sam's I'm not sure I want to bother... when the time comes I'll have to think it over.

Message 34 of 78
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

I don’t get how the PayPal 5% works. I have a PayPal account but I’m not super familiar with it. I’ve just occasionally used it.  So if you fund PP with DSC you get 5% back? Wouldn’t you just fund your PP account to the max quarterly limit and then send it to your bank account, then pay off your DSC and profit 5%? Why would DSC and PP allow this?

You don't fund your Paypal with Discover, you "link" it so that when you make a purchase with Paypal you have the option for Paypal to charge the amount to your Discover card.

Message 35 of 78
Anonymous
Not applicable

Target stores are going to have a very busy quarter. 🤓
Message 36 of 78
kilroy8
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Yes, Discover had Target Q4 2017, too - and I had double cash back. I did a bunch of Target business that year.

Message 37 of 78
Anonymous
Not applicable

I see that purchases from the Walmart app also receive 5%, does this include the Walmart grocery app?

Message 38 of 78
kilroy8
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I see that purchases from the Walmart app also receive 5%, does this include the Walmart grocery app?

I wonder if you link your Discover to Walmart Pay ...

Message 39 of 78
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is a double-cashback year for me! Plus, I'm moving in a month or so. 🥳🥳
They will be seeing a lot of Disco cards st the check-out. Self-checkout for me. I'm not a fan of small talk. 😁
Message 40 of 78
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.