Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Adding Additional 5% Categories for Q3 and Q4 2019

tag
SoCalifornia
Frequent Contributor

Re: Discover Adding Additional 5% Categories for Q3 and Q4 2019

Lol @ XtraCredit
Me either. I will literally go to another store to avoid checking out with a clerk.

That probably sounds terrible.

Message 41 of 78
ScoreSizzle
Frequent Contributor

Target is a huge one for me. 

That will come in handy Smiley Very Happy

Cap1 Quicksilver || Amex BCP || Discover IT || Chase FU || BofA Travel || FNB Omaha Platinum Visa
Message 42 of 78
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@kilroy8 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I see that purchases from the Walmart app also receive 5%, does this include the Walmart grocery app?

I wonder if you link your Discover to Walmart Pay ...

I've been using WMP for the last few months due to Savings Catcher, and it's always posted just like a regular swipe/dip at the store.  Smiley Sad

Message 43 of 78
Anonymous
Not applicable

Same here.
If it's a store that only has clerks then I will only go to the quiet ones.
I'll take an anti-social check-out clerk anyday over some overwhelming, bubbly, curious person who wants to comment on every item that she scans, "oooh! Look at this! I haven't tried these before. Oh I bet they're so good! You know, the other night I made the most AMAZING dish. It was so yummy... wow. You eat a lot of vegetables. How do you cook this?" and on and on.
I've actually left the store once. I was silent the whole time and the clerk wouldn't stop AND took out each of my apples individually to make sure they were all the same type. She TOUCHED my produce.
I just said, "I can't", and I left.

I'm worse. 😁
Message 44 of 78
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jeez and I thought I was antisocial!

Message 45 of 78
Anonymous
Not applicable

@saeren
I'm not antisocial. I have anxiety and literally cannot hear myself think while someone is chattering about and jumping from topic to topic. Add a little ASD1 and no. I don't do grocery lines.
Message 46 of 78
ScoreSizzle
Frequent Contributor

I'm the one usually sparking convo with my cashier, lol. 

Cap1 Quicksilver || Amex BCP || Discover IT || Chase FU || BofA Travel || FNB Omaha Platinum Visa
Message 47 of 78
Anonymous
Not applicable

@scoresizzle
Do not engage.
Do not make eye contact
😳
Message 48 of 78
5KRunner
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
This is a double-cashback year for me! Plus, I'm moving in a month or so. 🥳🥳
They will be seeing a lot of Disco cards st the check-out. Self-checkout for me. I'm not a fan of small talk. 😁

There are 3 Target stores within 5 miles of my house. The oldest of the 3 is scheduled to close in June, and it's the only one of the 3 that doesn't have self-checkout aisles.

I, too, will avoid manned checkout if at all possible. The only time I'll make an exception is when I'm purchasing produce that needs to be weighed and keyed into the computer.

We've been using Shipt since January, and locally they shop from Meijer and Target. I love it, but I'd love it even more if they'd allow me to use REDcard as a payment method (and if the one lady who typically picks up our orders would stop treating us like we're best friends!). Fortunately, purchases through Shipt code as grocery, even at Target, so I use this method to get around restrictions in grocery categories imposed by Chase Freedom, AmEx BCE and Disco (fortunately, US Bank Cash+ and Huntington Voice include Target and Walmart in their grocery categories).

Message 49 of 78
SoCalifornia
Frequent Contributor

I'm not anti-social, I just move fast and hate when I'm not able to control my own pace. Plus, I was raised to do things for yourself, so when self-checkouts became a thing it basically increased my life expectancy.

🤣🤣🤣🤣😂

Message 50 of 78
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.