Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Adding Additional 5% Categories for Q3 and Q4 2019

tag
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: Discover Adding Additional 5% Categories for Q3 and Q4 2019

I was wondering why all the Target excitement, since the Target (debit) Redcard gives 5% off, free shipping and extended return.  But I guess if you are in your first year, the doubling to 10% makes it worthwhile

Message 51 of 78
Anonymous
Not applicable

@midknightocd
🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂😂😂😂🤣

Increase your life expectancy, huh. 😁
Message 52 of 78
SoCalifornia
Frequent Contributor

Yup.

Less being bored-to-death because I needed a loaf of bread.
😏

Message 53 of 78
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
@saeren
I'm not antisocial. I have anxiety and literally cannot hear myself think while someone is chattering about and jumping from topic to topic. Add a little ASD1 and no. I don't do grocery lines.

I was joking around. I have panic disorder, agoraphobia, GAD, and social anxiety disorders to contend with myself, no judgments here!

Message 54 of 78
Anonymous
Not applicable

@UncleB wrote:

Edit:  It appears the additions for Q4 are walmart.com and Target (.com or physical store).  While getting 5% back in Walmart physical stores would have been nice, the Target addition is still solid.

Would that cover orders placed for store pickup? If so, that will definitely be useful.

Message 55 of 78
Anonymous
Not applicable

New discover categories?

With the new 5% with PayPal next quarter how do I earn that? Do I just make purchases through PayPal using Discover or am I missing something? thank you.
Message 56 of 78
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: New discover categories?

Here's the fine print from Discover regarding Q3:

"For Discover it® and Discover® More® cardmembers only: Activate to earn 5% Cashback Bonus at Restaurants and PayPal from 7/1/19 (or the date on which you activate 5%, whichever is later) through 9/30/19 on up to $1,500 in purchases. Restaurant purchases are those made at merchants classified as full-service restaurants, cafes, cafeterias and fast food locations. PayPal qualifying purchases are those made through the PayPal wallet online, when you send money to Friends and Family via PayPal using your Discover Card, and point-of-sale transactions using PayPal Here. Payments made through the Xoom transfer service are not eligible for 5%. Any restaurant purchase made using PayPal will only be awarded a total of 5% Cashback Bonus. Certain other digital wallet transactions qualify for 5%, for more information see Discover.com/digitalwallets. Purchases made using tap-and-pay, mobile or wireless card readers, virtual wallets or similar technology will not be eligible if the technology does not provide sufficient transaction details for rewards qualification. Rewards are added to your Cashback Bonus account within two billing periods. See Cashback Bonus Program Terms and Conditions for more information about your rewards. Listed merchants are in no way sponsoring or affiliated with this program. PayPal, the PayPal logo are trademarks of PayPal or its Affiliates."

Message 57 of 78
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: New discover categories?

Yes just link the discover card to your paypal account and pay with paypal using the Discover card.

Message 58 of 78
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

Edit:  It appears the additions for Q4 are walmart.com and Target (.com or physical store).  While getting 5% back in Walmart physical stores would have been nice, the Target addition is still solid.

Would that cover orders placed for store pickup? If so, that will definitely be useful.

I've never placed an order for store pickup myself so I'm not certain.  As long as the charge comes from 'Walmart.com' and not the local store itself it should work, though.

(Note that I'm 99% sure Walmart Grocery is excluded, since it is coded specifically as 'Walmart Grocery'.  Discover is likely looking for 'walmart.com' as the merchant to trigger the 5%.)

Message 59 of 78
Anonymous
Not applicable

The difficult thing is that you have to wait until your statement to see how individual things coded. 😔
Message 60 of 78
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.