Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Adding Additional 5% Categories for Q3 and Q4 2019

tag
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

Re: Discover Adding Additional 5% Categories for Q3 and Q4 2019

@Anonymous wrote:
The difficult thing is that you have to wait until your statement to see how individual things coded. 😔

Where do you see on a Discover statement how charges were coded? I've never found it on the statement or online, one of the things I don't care about Discover, they never give any details on rewards earned, they just tell you the lump sum they decided to grant you. Pretty much every other CC I have tells me how much rewards I earned on each transaction.

And @Anonymous - the details on the Discover site tells you you earn 5% on all Walmart.com order, which includes in store pickup or ship to home. I use store pickup fairly often, I'm at the store pretty much once a week anyway.

Message 61 of 78
Anonymous
Not applicable

@DaveInAZ
You are correct. Discover is pretty bad about that.
Message 62 of 78
Anonymous
Not applicable

I guess you could always shop for a month and see how it panned out. 😁👍

😅🤣😂
Message 63 of 78
Anonymous
Not applicable

Walmart.com and Walmart app purchases, including grocery pickup and instore pickup are listed in the terms. 

FA80F5E0-0482-4D09-85D0-BC0D1E51B514.jpeg

Is grocery.walmart.com included though? Or just the app? I’ve never used the app. 

Message 64 of 78
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

Walmart.com and Walmart app purchases, including grocery pickup and instore pickup are listed in the terms. 

FA80F5E0-0482-4D09-85D0-BC0D1E51B514.jpeg

Is grocery.walmart.com included though? Or just the app? I’ve never used the app. 

That's interesting... if 'Grocery Pick Up' is the same as Walmart Grocery that will interest a lot of people. 

As far as I know grocery.walmart.com is the same as the Walmart Grocery App... I've only placed orders twice but they seemed the same (I could see my order on both).

Message 65 of 78
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am interested to see if Walmart Grocery codes right then. It would be a benefit for a lot of people who get groceries delivered since I don’t think that pickup can be differentiated from delivery. 

Message 66 of 78
Anonymous
Not applicable

The 5% will be huge for eBayers.  This will make Synch's cards look like garbage!  I will forgo the Paypal Cashback app for now, and use Disco this summer. 

Message 67 of 78
Paranoid
Contributor

Re: New discover categories?

@Anonymous wrote:

PayPal qualifying purchases are those made through the PayPal wallet online, when you send money to Friends and Family via PayPal using your Discover Card, and point-of-sale transactions using PayPal Here. Payments made through the Xoom transfer service are not eligible for 5%. Any restaurant purchase made using PayPal will only be awarded a total of 5% Cashback Bonus. Certain other digital wallet transactions qualify for 5%, for more information see Discover.com/digitalwallets

Does the last sentence mean that I will have 5 % from paying with the Discover using Google Pay or Samsung Pay?

Or the second scenario: I can link the Discover to my Paypal and add Paypal to Google/Samsung Pay to have ability to pay in any store. Will it work for 5 %?

BoA CR (2), CITI DC, Chase FF, AmEx BCE, Disc It, UMB SR, USB C+, CO WMT, Synch TJX, TD TGT, CITI CC, Elan MCP, Synch PPMC, Synch PPC
Message 68 of 78
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Paranoid wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

PayPal qualifying purchases are those made through the PayPal wallet online, when you send money to Friends and Family via PayPal using your Discover Card, and point-of-sale transactions using PayPal Here. Payments made through the Xoom transfer service are not eligible for 5%. Any restaurant purchase made using PayPal will only be awarded a total of 5% Cashback Bonus. Certain other digital wallet transactions qualify for 5%, for more information see Discover.com/digitalwallets

Does the last sentence mean that I will have 5 % from paying with the Discover using Google Pay or Samsung Pay?

Or the second scenario: I can link the Discover to my Paypal and add Paypal to Google/Samsung Pay to have ability to pay in any store. Will it work for 5 %?

You will have 5 % from paying with the Discover using Google Pay or Samsung Pay if you're buying whatever is in the current category, not 5% on everything only because you're using mobile wallet.

Paypal payments were added as 5% cat, but not other mobile payments. 

Message 69 of 78
Paranoid
Contributor

@Remedios wrote:

Paypal payments were added as 5% cat, but not other mobile payments. 

What about the second scenario? What if I pay using Paypal through Samsung/Google Pay?

BoA CR (2), CITI DC, Chase FF, AmEx BCE, Disc It, UMB SR, USB C+, CO WMT, Synch TJX, TD TGT, CITI CC, Elan MCP, Synch PPMC, Synch PPC
Message 70 of 78
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.