cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover App w/ Collections

tag
btswamper

Re: Discover App w/ Collections

I applied for the discover it card last night thinking I would be instantly denied because I have 3 collection accounts, 1 foreclosure, and 1 auto repo (all from 2008). I was definitely surprised when it was approved.
The approval did not give my credit limit, so I called and asked. The rep told me my limit was $800.00 and that I would have to wait 3 months to get a cli. Definitely not a credit limit to be proud of, but I did get in the door.
5 minutes later I applied for the Chase Freedom and was approved for $4500.00 limit. Go figure.
My EX fako: 672 EQ fako: 683 walmart fico: 689

Message 11 of 13
bk510
Valued Contributor

@TVP125 wrote:

I too have some collections from long ago on my credit and have applied for Discover two times in the last 3 months. The first was a solid denial and the second was a denial but they counter-offered with the IT secured card which according to them will graduate after 12 months of good payments

My understanding is their secured card does not graduate. I could be wrong.

photo QS visa_zps7zokw2wl.jpg photo QS visa_zps7zokw2wl.jpg photo Venture One_zpsigvttrlz.jpg photo Sony Visa_zpsxoradr1b.jpg photo USC Reward_zpslcvjfxmq.jpg photo Penfed Promise_zpsdg1y2dw2.png photo NasaFcu_zpswac3zwcu.jpg photo America_zpsuwx8rzdm.jpg photo LA-Kings-card_zpslbkyeqsz.png photo Barclay_zpslqv3i4tl.jpg photo BBVA_zpsqrhh7omh.jpg
 photo nfcu debit card_zpsprkh98jw.png photo nfcu visa siggy_zps0gjgyxje.png/ photo nfcu goReward card_zpsixhh1qcp.jpg photo sdfcu platinum card_zpspilihdiv.png  photo penfed reward cash_zpsyckxjc7y.png photo alliant visa_zpsaf4udfx0.jpg photo Citi Secured_zpsypzxi0jm.png photo fnbo platinum_zpsxfub6esb.png photo marvel-credit-card_zpsfkvc3ux5.png photo golden 1 CU_zpslhgxynjv.pngBurned AECitiChase
Message 12 of 13
baller4life
Super Contributor

Apparently it officially graduates now after 12 months.

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.