Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Apple Pay Broken?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover Apple Pay Broken?

Has anyone had any luck? I have tried the watch and 2 phones, but transactions don't go through at all. I end up having to use my card, which defeats the purpose of getting the bonus. Discover never sees the Apple Pay attempts and it happens at any retailer. Discover is claiming it is broken for everyone, but I would think that this news would be all over the Internet.

Any help would be great, as I want to make sure I am not the only one.

Message 1 of 34
33 REPLIES 33
jason86423
Frequent Contributor

Re: Discover Apple Pay Broken?

I've used it at Meijer a few times with out a hiccup.

I've read that Walgreens seems to have a lot of issues with it.

Message 2 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Apple Pay worked for me using Discover over the weekend. Not sure about this week.

Message 3 of 34
Dbadup
New Contributor

Worked for me too...at the apple store and walgreens

NASA 30K|| Citi 10.3K|| Discover 20K|| AmexSPG/Everyday 10k/3.6k|| NordstromV 7.5k|| Bloomies5k|| Barcl.65K|| Cap1 3.25k|| Jcrew 17.65K|| ChaseFree2K|| CSP 5k
Message 4 of 34
newhis
Valued Contributor

I used it at Staples, Walgreens, Apple Store, Subway, Chevron and Fresh Plus. Last time 2 days ago (Sunday). Only have my Discover with it.

Message 5 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

For me, it's hit or miss. I'm actually headed to Walgreens to try again, but I tried it the other night at The Fresh Market and it was a no-go. Super embarrassing. 

Message 6 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Been working for me. I've used at Whole Foods, Trader Joes, ShopRite and Panera so far.

Next test is to see if it has rolled out to nearby Best Buy's yet *fingers crossed*
Message 7 of 34
creditguy
Valued Contributor

I could not get it to work yesterday at my local grocery store, I used a different card on Apple Pay and it was fine. I was thinking to myself: "I knew that 10% cashback on Apple Pay was to good to be true". 😉
Message 8 of 34
nixforfun
Established Member

I have used Apple Pay with my Discover card at Walgreens, Apple Store (B&M), Subway, Chevron & Trader Joe's without any issue. I also tried using it at couple of different Macys stores and it doesnt work even though their credit card machine has a contactless payment module. 

Message 9 of 34
MASTERNC
Frequent Contributor

No issues so far.  Used it at Wegmans, Apple, Trader Joe's, and a pop-up store that was taking Apple Pay.

Message 10 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.