Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover - Application Opinions

tag
44Rebuild2Ball
New Contributor

Discover - Application Opinions

Hey FICOers,

Need advice. I have been using the prequalification link for Discover. They keep pulling Experian which is only at FICO587. I have a EQ FICO08 at 640. My TU09 FICO is 628. Oddly my VS3 are EX693 TU765 EQ760 due to AU. It seems Experian algorithm is not giving me the same bump on two AU cards. I see most app pulls fir Discover, who with my thin profile might give a nice approval. My wife apped for DiscoverIT Small Business after EX Prequal and was denied with 620 EQ, but only 598 EX. AA letter says they pulled EX08. I want to app but any peeps have recent cold app for consumer DiscoverIT in Nevada that pulls EQ. Most research says Discover pulls Equifax...but Prequal is definitely EX. Research on this forum says EQ for Prequal and EX for cold. Not here in Vegas. Any suggestions?
Rebuilding since 6/2022 Starting score EXP 548. Scores as of 12/23
EX8-F9-F2 682-696-714
TU8-F9-F4 660-712-690
EQ8-F9-F5 688-714-667

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover - Application Opinions

Disco Scorecard / Pre-qual are EX

Disco cardholders get TU and CLI's based on TU

Dsico opening can be any of the 3 CRA's though.

They pulled EX on me but, others have reported the other 2 as well.  Sometimes even a double pull of 2 CRA's and on the flip side just a SP through the pre-qual page.  

Message 2 of 8
swpopham
Established Contributor

pulled experian on me in texas about 2 months ago. 

"As long as the music is playing, you've got to get up and dance," he said. "We're still dancing."---Prince CEO Citi Bank

"Money isn't the most important thing in life, but it's reasonably close to oxygen on the "gotta have it" scale". ~Zig Ziglar
Message 3 of 8
44Rebuild2Ball
New Contributor

Thanks for the feedback. DW had EX pulled for Business Chrome app in May. Her TU and EQ maybe would have gotten her an approval, her EX is 30+points lower. Like 630-640 EQ/TU Fico, 602 EX.
EX8-F9-F2 682-696-714
TU8-F9-F4 660-712-690
EQ8-F9-F5 688-714-667

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Remember that even if you only receive 1 HP from an app, it's quite common for the lender to SP the other bureau(s) at the same time.  It's a best practice to simply assume that they can see all 3 of your credit reports.

I personally would wait on applying until your profile is in a slightly better place so that you don't have to chance denial or an approval on unfavorable terms.

Message 5 of 8
joltdude
Senior Contributor

That 587 is low for an unsecured discover (might offer you a secured card in that area though) and that 640 is very likely not a large approval if at all (for a unsecured product)... Sit it out a bit more in the garden..... even if discover only hps you on one CRA, they do SP other bureaus frequently.... And you really don't want a bucketed Discover.... 

-J

Message 6 of 8
44Rebuild2Ball
New Contributor

Joltdude,

Excellent advice! I am already Buckeyes in CapOne Platinum @ 300 & PPCB MC w/ Synchrony @ 300. Have Comenity Toyota Store Card @ 2000. I am adding a SSL with local CU, my FICO8 are 629 EX 655 TU 598 EQ. My EQ was highest at 640, then after my PPMC reported it went down to 598. Both EX & TU went up considerably. I need to check my EQ score...anyone know how other than CCT? My free trial just expired.
EX8-F9-F2 682-696-714
TU8-F9-F4 660-712-690
EQ8-F9-F5 688-714-667

Message 7 of 8
joltdude
Senior Contributor

Actually you can do another 1$ trial of CCT but id wait a bit.... =)

There are some folks on here who do seem to take advantage of this....constantly .... but you must remember to cancel....

Yes, you can sign up for another trial right after the last one... 

-J

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.