Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover -- Black Friday Price Protection

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover -- Black Friday Price Protection

I am sure many people on the forum know this already. However, new Discover Card members may not, as I didn't.

Sooooo, I called Discover today to ask whether one can use price protection on Black Friday deals.

The rep's reply "That's a really good question. Could you hold a moment while I check."  

About 2 minutes later she came back, "I have very good news for you. Yes, price protection does include Black Friday deals. Thank you so much for being a Discover customer."

But, you must have copies of the ad. I asked if I could use online ads rather than a printed ad and she said yes. 

If you have further questions, I would call Discover to verify the exact ad you are trying to match. 

Edited to Add Information from Discover Website Regarding Price Protection:

• What is Price Protection?

As an exclusive feature of your Discover card, we will refund the difference up to $500 on eligible items if you find a lower price at any store within 90 days of purchase.

• Do I need to pay a fee for Price Protection?
    No. However, the entire cost of the qualifying purchase must be charged to your Discover Card (or accrued rewards) for coverage to apply
  • Are computer component items eligible for coverage under Price Protection?
    As of August 1, 2016, the Price Protection Terms and Conditions have been updated. Any purchases made after August 1, 2016 will be subject to the updated terms, which contain an Exclusion and Limitation for computer components including but not limited to external and internal hard drives, CPUs, power supplies, batteries, DVDs, video cassettes, CDs, audio cassettes, printed materials, or any other informational and recreational media. Items purchased prior to August 1, 2016 are subject to the previous terms which included computer component items.
  •  

Message 1 of 29
28 REPLIES 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover -- Black Friday Price Protection

So what does that mean for a discover user such as myself? lol. would you mind explaining that to me please?

Message 2 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

So what does that mean for a discover user such as myself? lol. would you mind explaining that to me please?

Hi Darknight! Of course. Smiley Happy

Discover offers price protection for 90 days after purchase. This means if you buy something and within 90 days the price decreases, you can make a claim with Discover and they will refund the difference up to $500. I wondered if they would agree to do this for Black Friday deals because Black Friday deals are usually so much cheaper than regular sale prices. And the reps (I've spoken with two now) said yes.

Also, I just ended a call with a rep who stated that model numbers in the advertisement are important, i.e., the model number should match the model number of the item purchased. 

Hope this helps. Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

What is price protection? I feel like this is something I should know....

Message 4 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Discover offers price protection for 90 days after purchase. This means if you buy something and within 90 days the price decreases, you can make a claim with Discover and they will refund the difference up to $500. I wondered if they would agree to do this for Black Friday deals because Black Friday deals are usually so much cheaper than regular sale prices. And the reps (I've spoken with two now) said yes.

Also, I just ended a call with a rep who stated that model numbers in the advertisement are important, i.e., the model number should match the model number of the item purchased. 

You must have posted this as I did, awesome thank you for the info!!!!

Message 5 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

You must have posted this as I did, awesome thank you for the info!!!!

It is my pleasure smc4

Message 6 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

I bought the new Google Home in bestbuy on release day. $129 They will have it for $99 on BF. I could return it and buy it on black friday but thats a lot of hassle and waiting etc, and setting up again.And i am using it every day, I dont want to be without it again. In this case i will use the price protection for the first time ever. I think bestbuys policy is not to do price adjustment on BF if you bought the same item a couple of days earlier. Also dont have to wait in line etc. When I buy something that could possibly go on sale in 90 days, I put it in my google calendar with the purchase date and price protection deadline date just in case. Never used it before.
Message 7 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

i never knew this... this is amazing!!

Message 8 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi Mastercards offer Price Rewind and a good price protection program as well, all throughout the year. Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

From Discover.com:

What is Purchase Protection?

As an exclusive feature of your Discover Card, we will cover your eligible purchases up to $500 if they are damaged or stolen within 90 days of the purchase.

Do I have to pay a fee for Purchase Protection? 

No. For purchases made after August 1st, 2016, coverage applies if the eligible purchase was made with one of the following payment methods, either the entire purchase was made on the Discover card (and/or accrued Cashback Bonus or Miles), or the purchase was made on the Discover card along with either cash, store-issued gift card or credit, or non-card network branded gift card. Coverage does not apply if any credit or debit card other than Discover card is used for any portion of the payment. For purchases made prior to August 1st, 2016, coverage applies only if the entire purchase was made on the Discover card (and/or accrued Cashback Bonus or Miles).

Does Purchase Protection coverage apply if an eligible item was stolen from a vehicle?

Unfortunately items stolen from vehicles including motorized vehicles and boats are not covered.

Do I need a Police Report to submit a claim?

In order for a stolen item to be eligible for reimbursement, a police report must be filed following a covered incident.

How do I start the claims process? 

Call 1-800-347-0213 to ask questions or file a claim.

Message 10 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.