Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover -- Black Friday Price Protection

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover -- Black Friday Price Protection

Just be aware any special bundles that include extras may cause you issues, as well as specific model numbers

Message 11 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

From Discover.com:

What is Purchase Protection?

As an exclusive feature of your Discover Card, we will cover your eligible purchases up to $500 if they are damaged or stolen within 90 days of the purchase.

Do I have to pay a fee for Purchase Protection? 

No. For purchases made after August 1st, 2016, coverage applies if the eligible purchase was made with one of the following payment methods, either the entire purchase was made on the Discover card (and/or accrued Cashback Bonus or Miles), or the purchase was made on the Discover card along with either cash, store-issued gift card or credit, or non-card network branded gift card. Coverage does not apply if any credit or debit card other than Discover card is used for any portion of the payment. For purchases made prior to August 1st, 2016, coverage applies only if the entire purchase was made on the Discover card (and/or accrued Cashback Bonus or Miles).

Does Purchase Protection coverage apply if an eligible item was stolen from a vehicle?

Unfortunately items stolen from vehicles including motorized vehicles and boats are not covered.

Do I need a Police Report to submit a claim?

In order for a stolen item to be eligible for reimbursement, a police report must be filed following a covered incident.

How do I start the claims process? 

Call 1-800-347-0213 to ask questions or file a claim.

Great Point FicoDeMio. In addition to Price Protection, Discover also offers Purchase Protection, i.e. if your item is damaged or stolen within 90 days of purchase. Thanks for posting the info. I will follow your lead and also post the information directly from the Discover site regarding price protection. 

Message 12 of 29
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

Make sure when you print out the online ad with the lower price, that it also shows the current date someplace on the page.

I wish I could find one of my price claim documents, so I could provide more details. But the current date of the ad is something i've slipped up on before.

Edit: found it

Information needed:

• Description of item purchased
  • Original purchase date
  • Original purchase price
  • Date item went on sale
  • Lower price found

Documents needed:

• Sales receipt
  • Credit card statement
  • Dated advertisement showing lower price (advertisement scan or web screenshot)

Important Reminders:

• Lower price must be found within 90 days of original purchase date
  • Claim must be submitted online within 30 days of receipt of this email
  • There is a per item limit of $500 and an annual program limit of $2,500 per account

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 13 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Themanwhocan wrote:

Make sure when you print out the online ad with the lower price, that it also shows the current date someplace on the page.

I wish I could find one of my price claim documents, so I could provide more details. But the current date of the ad is something i've slipped up on before.

Great Point!!! I will make sure to pay close attention to that. 

Message 14 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

This makes using the card really sweet if you're still under a double cashback offer, or 0% interest promo especially since most retailers don't offer price protection on any promo pricing ie Black Friday or Cyber Monday. Great find, now checking my other cards lol. I usually don't do BF or CM but this time I think I may

Message 15 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow. What a fantastic benefit to have being apart of the Disco family. I definitely did not know that. Super thanks ItsPossible for the clarification.

Message 16 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

This makes using the card really sweet if you're still under a double cashback offer, or 0% interest promo especially since most retailers don't offer price protection on any promo pricing ie Black Friday or Cyber Monday. Great find, now checking my other cards lol. I usually don't do BF or CM but this time I think I may

I agree!!! And it is such a relief not to stand in those long lines for hours!!!!!!! So glad I found Discover and they found me. 

Message 17 of 29
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

One last detail: they only care about the difference in item price.

For example, I bought a large computer monitor on Amazon with free shipping. Later the prices went way down, and the lowest price had a very large shipping cost. So I called Discover to see if i should choose the lowest total cost (cost + shipping) or not. And they told me they don't consider the shipping costs.

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 18 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the info Jfriend.  Luckily my item doesn't include bundles, but othes' might!!!

Message 19 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Wow. What a fantastic benefit to have being apart of the Disco family. I definitely did not know that. Super thanks ItsPossible for the clarification.

It is my pleasure!!!! Glad I can help. 

Message 20 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.