Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover CLI HP Odds?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover CLI HP Odds?

Hello all,

Like many others I have been a longtime lurker, soaking up the vast knowledge from this forum. I finally took the time to register a few days ago, and have very much enjoyed being apart the positivity and camaraderie in people taking the reigns on their financial responsibility.

I come to you all seeking some advice:

Been a Discover It cardholder since 08/2013. My SL was $500 and have only had 1 auto CLI to $1000 and its sat there for quite a while. I have called the back door number with no luck, unless I agree to a hard pull. I have been gardening since May 2015 and based on the following info what would y'all say are the odds of my HP being put to good use?

712 TU FICO (10/08/15) 6 INQs 

682 EX FICO (10/02/15) 8 INQs

Oldest account 2.2 years

AAoA 1.4 Years

39% UTIL across all accounts

In the past, I carried many high balances and would average 80+% UTIL. Over the last 3 months I have used and PIF every time. I have a few BT offers from Discover I would like to take advantage of while I finish paying off my Belk Synch card.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover CLI HP Odds?

Just request a CLI online. If they need a hard pull to do it, you'll get a screen warning you. Then you'll have your answer.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

+1.  Discover does a great job with auto cli's, but anytime I've gone online to request myself, they have been SP's.  Only once did they mention an inquiry, so I backed out of the request.

Message 3 of 5
Thomas_Thumb
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

+1.  Discover does a great job with auto cli's, but anytime I've gone online to request myself, they have been SP's.  Only once did they mention an inquiry, so I backed out of the request.

Good advice - apply for a CLI online - before you agree to a HP.

I asked for and recieved a CLI over the phone earlier this year. I later set up an online account and asked for another CLI online. I did get a notification that if a HP was required they would contact me for approval before proceeding (suspect you would get an email on this).I received no email and checked my account online the next day. Account showed the CLI increase. Guess no email notification saying: "CLI approved" if it goes through.

Note:  If Discover requires a HP (probably because you have a few new credit inquiries) ask yourself if you really need a CLI at this time.

Fico 9: .......EQ 850 TU 850 EX 850
Fico 8: .......EQ 850 TU 850 EX 850
Fico 4 .....:. EQ 809 TU 823 EX 830 EX Fico 98: 842
Fico 8 BC:. EQ 892 TU 900 EX 900
Fico 8 AU:. EQ 887 TU 897 EX 899
Fico 4 BC:. EQ 826 TU 858, EX Fico 98 BC: 870
Fico 4 AU:. EQ 831 TU 872, EX Fico 98 AU: 861
VS 3.0:...... EQ 835 TU 835 EX 835
CBIS: ........EQ LN Auto 940 EQ LN Home 870 TU Auto 902 TU Home 950
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did it online, they required a HP. I gave in and they boosted from 1,000 to 2,500 Smiley Very Happy Robot LOL Thank you guys!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.